Aller au contenu

Waldorf Astoria Montréal - 35 étages (2007)

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

@ GDS : you should have added a red dot or something on your image, this way we would have know if Mrs Lampert's is yours !

What's the big deal if she used the rendering posted on this website? she clearly wrote that more than one person send her a copy of the new rendering,plus she didn't exactly steal a photograph and claim it as her own.

The pics isn't the forum's anyways, saying it's ours by branding it, is silly.

This being said the journalist told me she was forwarded the link by many of her readers. She'll now follow our twitter accountant for direct scoops ;-)

What's the big deal if she used the rendering posted on this website? she clearly wrote that more than one person send her a copy of the new rendering,plus she didn't exactly steal a photograph and claim it as her own.

I never said it was wrong from her to have taken it !?

It would just have been fun to know that MtlURB.com (via GDS) was the first place on the web to have that rendering...

Anyhow hats off to GDS for coming up with it first, getting back to to what she wrote... yes there might not be a large market for high end condos in Montreal but as was pointed out previously the bulk of this project is made up of hotel suites (not condos) in fact there will only be 76 for sale, so I give it a decent chance of being built

Ce qui me dérange le plus dans cette image est l'erreur sur Sherbrooke ? Ils ont oublié le e final.

Ils ont peut-être anglicisé le "Sherbrooke" ?

En anglais, littéralement, ça donnerait Sherbrooki alors que la bonne prononciation est Sherbrooke puisque le ''e'' est muet, en français, à moins d'être de ceux qui prononcent tous les ''e'' muets ou prononcent des ''e'' invisibles comme dans ''Patrick E.-Roy''

Sherbrooke est un nom Anglais. La rue est la ville sont nommés pour John Coape Sherbrooke

We never pronounce the final "e" in these sorts of words in English. It was just an alternate (usually an older) way of writing some things. Much like the name Brooke instead of Brook, or Olde instead of Old.

The name Sherbrook also exists in English, but is generally less common.

no matter how it's pronounced if this project gets built it will further enhance Sherbrooke as the greatest street in Canada, sorry Toronto and Vancouver you have nothing that comes close to Sherbrooke (and Calgary...don't make me laugh)