Aller au contenu

Skyline de Toronto!

Messages recommendés

On 2018-08-16 at 1:37 PM, peekay said:

Not yet in my opinion. Absolutely in 10 years. It will be probably be the Western world leader by that time, even with the super tall slims in NYC.

It would take an economic crash in NYC for Toronto to even start to catch up. Toronto has too much space to reach the same level of density as well. 

• Like 1

• Réponses 1,4k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

In terms of skylines, I think Toronto is 3rd in North America behind New York and Chicago. It's not a skyline I love aesthetically, but there's just so much volume compared to other contenders like San Francisco, Philadelphia, LA, Houston etc.

Chicago, because of a taller (5 supertalls vs. 1 (The One currently under excavation)), more multi-layered skyline has the edge imo, but I think Toronto can catch it. 

But not NYC. 

It is a matter of demographics. Toronto will continue getting the lions share of the immigration in this country. I think the possibility that the Mississauga and Toronto skylines merging in a 10 year span likely.  This would put it at the top. 

1 hour ago, peekay said:

It is a matter of demographics. Toronto will continue getting the lions share of the immigration in this country. I think the possibility that the Mississauga and Toronto skylines merging in a 10 year span likely.  This would put it at the top. 

No disagreement on your comments about demographics, but I find it highly unlikely that the Mississauga skyline will merge with Toronto's in a 10 year period. Miss' skyline is concentrated linearly along Hurontario St. running more or less N-S. A lot... a lot of east-west development would need to occur. There are definitely highrise pockets between DT Tor and Mississauga but what you've got generally between the two cities is a lot of single family housing and home owners in Toronto can be just a anti-development "Nimby" as anywhere else. Maybe the skylines could link up along the lake but that would be pretty shallow (i.e. picket fence) which i don't think would be nearly impressive enough to dethrone New York City as skyline king.