Aller au contenu

Air Canada A220 routes

caribb

Messages recommendés

Found this map on Twitter taken from a recent presentation apparently. 

http://99D7B2AD-121F-4A03-B1B8-B0808C46B07A.jpeg

YUL-SEA, Monterrey, routes from Washington DC To YYC & YVR seem to be the highlights. Not a lot of expansion. Not sure if this is proposed routes firm or speculative or if total or just the first few planes. Still lots of questions but interesting. 

99D7B2AD-121F-4A03-B1B8-B0808C46B07A.jpeg

Modifié par caribb
Added URL
  • Like 1

Ok. I just did a radius drawing (5920km) of potential A220 routes from YUL 

TONS of possibilities. 

Most of Scandinavia ( Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen & Stockholm), half of Germany (Hamburg), all of The UK, 90% of France, the Iberian peninsula, Morocco (a direct nonstop to a Marrakech?), Ecuador in South America..  what an awesome plane. 

99271836-069B-4553-B0B3-CE3A728F68E7.png

Modifié par caribb
  • Like 2

Il y a 8 heures, caribb a dit :

Ok. I just did a radius drawing (5920km) of potential A220 routes from YUL 

TONS of possibilities. 

Most of Scandinavia ( Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen & Stockholm), half of Germany (Hamburg), all of The UK, 90% of France, the Iberian peninsula, Morocco (a direct nonstop to a Marrakech?), Ecuador in South America..  what an awesome plane. 

99271836-069B-4553-B0B3-CE3A728F68E7.png

That may be a pretty junior question but... Does the range displayed takes into account a fuel reserve for approach delays and emergency rerouting? If not, I think most of Europe is out of reach...Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

No it’s just the maximum range the plane can go according to Airbus. I assume it’s with a full load after all they delivered Air Baltic’s fleet with nonstop flights to Riga as well as Swiss’ to Zurich both of which are out of this range. Stockholm for instance is right on the edge so realistically not viable. However I assume the rest within the shaded area is feasible and more so the further from the edge. 

Modifié par caribb

Si ça s’avère, ça donne un avantage à Montréal sur Toronto pour l’Europe et le Maroc. De Toronto, l’A-220 ne pourrait desservir alors que la Grande-Bretagne, l’Irlande et l’Islande, de l’autre côté de l’Atlantique. 

Ça illustre que Montréal est géographiquement idéalement positionné pour desservir l’Europe à partir de l’Amérique du Nord.

I have no idea what the numbers are but I think a nonstop to Marrakech would be genius if it’s viable. It would undercut RAM and get people to a city in Morocco that I’m sure most travelers going to that country end up in. It would be the perfect type of ground breaking route the A220 is designed for. 

Pas un A220 mais AC va également étudier les produits Airbus et Boeing du coté des Narrowbody avec un très long rayon d'action, ce qui potentiellement serait meilleur pour des routes trans-atlantiques qu'un A220

Citation

MONTREAL (Reuters) - Air Canada is interested in further developing the use of narrowbody aircraft to serve the transatlantic market and would look at both Airbus and Boeing models, a senior executive said.

Mark Galardo, vice-president of network planning at the Canadian national carrier, said in answer to a question that the group would study options including the Airbus A321XLR and the Boeing 737 MAX.

However, he told a media briefing it was “premature” to discuss whether Air Canada might order the Airbus A321XLR, a potential future expansion of the Airbus portfolio that sources say the planemaker may launch by the middle of this year.

Air Canada defected from Airbus to Boeing with an order for the 737 MAX to meet its core narrowbody needs in 2013, but still uses Airbus jets for some group operations.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-airbus-canada-aircanada/air-canada-would-study-airbus-boeing-for-transatlantic-narrowbody-needs-idUSKCN1P82FT