Aller au contenu

Highway 13 Bridge and Gouin

jesseps

Messages recommendés

I envision that one they the bridge will be redone, because right now getting on from Gouin to go to Laval in the morning, when everyone trying to get off to get to Henri Bourassa causes so many headaches. The same for trying to get off the 13 and get to Gouin, you need to go around.

All in all the way it is setup is not efficient at all. 

Maybe by 2030 the government can get around to fixing it or by that time the 440 will be connected to the west island.

Le 2018-12-06 à 14:34, jesseps a dit :

envision that one they the bridge will be redone, because right now getting on from Gouin to go to Laval in the morning, when everyone trying to get off to get to Henri Bourassa causes so many headaches. The same for trying to get off the 13 and get to Gouin, you need to go around.

All in all the way it is setup is not efficient at all. 

C'est vrai.  Mais c'est à peine moins pire/difficile que l'accès à l'autoroute des Laurentides (A-15) nord ou à l'A-25 nord à partir du boulevard Gouin.  (Voir aussi les détails dans la réponse ci-dessous à la question de Mondo_Grosso)

il y a 55 minutes, Mondo_Grosso a dit :

What do you suggest as a fix? 

Pour les trois cas (A-13, A-15 et A-25), la difficulté découle avant tout de la proximité du boulevard Gouin avec la rivière Des Prairies.  Dans le cas spécifique de l'accès à l'A-13 nord à partir de Gouin, en supposant qu'on ne veuille pas toucher au Parc-Nature du Bois-de-Liesse, ni construire de viaducs supplémentaires au dessus de la voie ferrée,  je verrais néanmoins une solution simple, peu coûteuse et qui répondrait partiellement * au besoin: à partir de Gouin sur la voie de service direction sud (boulevard Pitfield), ajouter une voie à droite, qui se séparerait de l'axe principal avant l'afflux de véhicules en provenance de Laval; cette voie séparée se rendrait jusqu'au petit bout de rue nommée Thiemens (aussi de Salaberry à l'ouest); à cette intersection, il serait possible de tourner à gauche vers l'est, puis tourner à gauche à nouveau pour monter sur la voie d'accès à l'A-13 nord.

Malgré les similitudes entre les «trois cas», il y a une différence importante: l'absence d'une voie parallèle est-ouest au sud de Gouin.  Dans le secteur de l'A-15, c'est la rue de Salaberry; pour l'A-25, le boulevard Perras.  Pour l'A-13, cela aurait pu être le boulevard Thiemens, si son tronçon principal, qui s'arrête à la rue Sartelon, avait été prolongé d'abord jusqu'à l'A-13, avec des accès dans les deux directions.  De là, tout prolongement supplémentaire vers l'ouest impliquerait un passage dans des zones protégées.      

Des solutions plus «performantes» sont techniquement possibles, bien que compliquées par la proximité de la rivière au nord et une voie ferrée au sud.  Si on ajoute la considération des zones protégées, c'est encore plus difficile.   Mais ce que je trouve encore plus «important», c'est une apparente opposition de la Ville de Montréal à toutes améliorations des liens routiers entre Laval et Montréal.  

* la solution proposée ne raccourcirait pas le parcours, mais éviterait l'entrecroisement avec les véhicules en provenance de Laval, pour votre parcours matinal. 

• Like 1

• 1 mois plus tard...

The traffic has gotten much much worse recently. There are many solutions, some prettier than others but more effective. Having an on-ramp to A13-N directly from Henri Bourassa west.  Having on-ramps directly from/on Gouin

Connecting Thimens, and also connecting it to Salaberry at Davignon

• 4 mois plus tard...

I just emailed the transport minister, lets see if I get a response. 

I just thought, how about just close the southbound exit of the 13 and move it more south. I didn't bring up the north bound on ramp, because it might still serve a purpose for something else.

If you move the southbound exit, you can have better flow for trying to get onto the A13 Nord. With that being said, you get buses going from Pierrefonds-Roxboro and Sunnybrooke and get go all the way to Momentrency metro. It would take 20-25 mins to get there, but still need 40 mins to get the city from Momentrency. It be a long commute.

On 2019-05-30 at 8:47 PM, jesseps said:

I just emailed the transport minister, lets see if I get a response. 

I just thought, how about just close the southbound exit of the 13 and move it more south. I didn't bring up the north bound on ramp, because it might still serve a purpose for something else.

If you move the southbound exit, you can have better flow for trying to get onto the A13 Nord. With that being said, you get buses going from Pierrefonds-Roxboro and Sunnybrooke and get go all the way to Momentrency metro. It would take 20-25 mins to get there, but still need 40 mins to get the city from Momentrency. It be a long commute.

What about the people that need to get to Gouin? They'd have to do a pretty hefty detour

I think they need to look at this exit urgently. They're already redoing the 40/13 interchange, I can't believe they're not looking at the Gouin-HB/13 exit. The traffic has gotten so bad that it backs up about a KM on gouin each way in the morning.

One of the big problems is that people are not respecting the white lines and turning lanes. If those were enforced somehow the congestion wouldn't be as bad.

1: Gouin direction East, turning onto Pitfield.  People cutting in at the last second or double turning from the left-most lane. It's dangerous and is causing lots of traffic. There should be a solid white line between the two lanes from Pitfield to the entrance of the parc nature. There's always police on radar there in the afternoon, they should be there in the morning enforcing that hypothetical white line and ticketing anyone turning in from the left lane. (I did see the police there one morning and they stopped someone who did that).

2: Southbound A-13 exit. Everyone tries to preemptively cut each other off by jumping over the white lines, making it much more difficult to merge and slowing everyone down. I don't know why people think this is a good idea because it's much harder to merge this way. They should put some kind of barrier (those reflective plastic bars) to prevent poeple from doing this. 

Essentially, there is a lot more cars going through here now, and the addition of the Petro Canada / Tim Hortons has added even more pressure. But if drivers respected the road rules it wouldn't be that bad. Eventually of course, a real solution needs to be looked at. You should be able to exit directly onto Gouin ouest bound from A13 southbound, and enter onto A13 northbound directly from Gouin ouest bound at minimum.

Modifié par montrealgoalie

• 2 semaines plus tard...

I got a response back.

"Bonjour Monsieur xxxxxxxxx,

Votre commentaire et ses pièces jointes où vous suggérez au Ministère de déplacer plus au sud la sortie 8 de l'A-13 sud pour les boulevards Gouin, H.-Bourassa et Hymus a été partagé avec nos services techniques. 

La congestion dans ce secteur a déjà fait l'objet d'analyses par nos services techniques. Nos observations ont été partagées avec les arrondissements concernés de Saint-Laurent, de Pierrefonds-Roxboro et de la Ville de Montréal. Les solutions qui pourraient être envisagées relèvent des autorités municipales avec qui nous tenons des rencontres périodiques. Ainsi, l'aménagement de feux de circulation à l'angle du boul. Pitfield et des rues Thimens (A-13 nord)) / Salaberry (A-13 sud) pourrait grandement favoriser la fluidité de la circulation de ce secteur en période de pointe. C'est d'ailleurs la solution qu'auraient retenue les autorités municipales. Pour savoir où en est l'avancement de ce projet, veuillez contacter la ligne 311 de la Ville de Montréal.

Le Ministère, qui pilote par ailleurs plusieurs chantiers sur cet axe routier, est conscient de leur impact sur la fluidité de la circulation. De manière générale, la circulation sera maintenue sur l'A-13 et sur l'A-40. Au besoin, des policiers pourront aussi être positionnés pour améliorer la fluidité du réseau local. Le Ministère coordonne ses entraves avec ses partenaires de manière à ce que les différents chemins de détour n'entrent pas en conflit. Les plans de circulation en place ont été optimisés pour tenir compte tant des contraintes opérationnelles de ces chantiers que des flux de circulation rencontrés. 

Espérant ces précisions utiles, nous vous remercions d'avoir partagé vos observations avec nous et vous prions de bien vouloir recevoir, monsieur, nos salutations les meilleures.

Yvan Michaud 
Ministère des Transports"

• Like 1

• 2 semaines plus tard...
  • 1 année plus tard...
On 2020-06-29 at 1:58 PM, montrealgoalie said:

They have just installed the lights here. The re-configuration is interesting honestly and I think they did a good job, it should increase the flow of traffic quite a bit. The real test I imagine will be in september.

They also did some lane reconfiguration. Hopefully it will be permanent.

I find it a bit safer.