Aller au contenu

Mile-Ex 3-5 Unit Condo

wbarobinson

Messages recommendés

First time posting, hoping for guidance!

I want to find a contractor and potential buyers to go in with me on a new building in the mile-ex. I do not know which contractor to use, which lot to build in, or who to buy with. All I know is that I want to live there and I am not satisfied with the current offerings.

If you can recommend solutions or people to address any of these concerns, let me know! Feel free to respond in French.

Cheers,

Will

I don't think mtlurb is the best platform for this. You will first need a clearer vision of what and where you want to build, no one will take you serious with such a vague mission. 

The only way to get a tailor made project would be to own the land first and then find a builder.  I don't know how much money you have, but it will be expensive. 

1 hour ago, wbarobinson said:

Would it be less expensive than just hoping a construction project comes along? It seems like I could be reducing costs for everyone by finding all the unit buyers up front.

W

Good advice, don't do it yourself if you are not familiar with the process or find somebody who will find a land and help you along every step. You can make so many mistakes which can make your project much more expensive than buying a new condo from a developer.

If you buy a piece of land you can hire a general contractor right away and it can be a design-build project (meaning the GC will help you find an architect, engineer etc. to develop some plans). 

It won't be cheap though... 

A+ entrepreneurs généraux might be a good place to start

Good luck