caribb

Primera Air FRA-YUL, Aer Lingus DUB-YUL

2 hours ago, internationalx said:

I agree.  Are Lingus was the last airline I thought we'd see return.  And honestly, TAP too... but apparently they are coming back too.   I'd love to see AZ back here on a seasonal basis but that carrier is such a basket case, I think they're my new "will never come back airline". 

For me I always thought TAP, Iberia, Alitalia, SAS & Austrian would eventually return to YUL. They sre based in popular countries we go to. Maybe Air Italy would be the current day replacement for Alitalia. So fingers crossed for the future on these. 

For my never coming back airline I think I’d say Aerolineas Argentinas. However after seeing flights to Qatar, China and Japan successfully starting I guess anything is possible. We should have more nonstop services to South America at some point. Hopefully we’ll see them again too. It comes down to demand, cost and competition I guess. May everything align some day. 

il y a 53 minutes, internationalx a dit :

let's see how it plays out.... but AC and EI are not partners.  

EI is not in the Star Alliance, but AC and EI do have a Code Share relationship on the YYZ-DUB line. If you attempt to buy a ticket on the EI website from DUB to YUL, it will sell you a ticket DUB-YYZ on EI and then YYZ-YUL on AC.

3 hours ago, Rusty said:

Will AC drop their route ?  or is this along with AC destination ?

AC won't drop the route, if anything, I see them increasing service. 

27 minutes ago, Alexcaban said:

AC won't drop the route, if anything, I see them increasing service. 

I agree. When someone  comes into their turf, tHey tend to go toe to toe (not the case in Mexico City though).