Faitlemou

Quebec losing young people to interprovincial migration, report shows

9 minutes ago, fmfranck said:

Not anymore. Thats common knowledge btw. 

How much of Quebec's top corporations are not dependent on Canada for their viability?

The bigger corporations are older companies, that were created under the classical approach that you refer to. Startups and more recent smaller scale corporations (gaming industry, AI, etc) are not AT ALL dependent on the canadian market. 

1 hour ago, fmfranck said:

The bigger corporations are older companies, that were created under the classical approach that you refer to. Startups and more recent smaller scale corporations (gaming industry, AI, etc) are not AT ALL dependent on the canadian market. 

None of these start-up's or smaller scape AI companies have any kind of economic weight (short/medium-term) compared to SNC/Bombardier/CGI/Metro etc. This is just absurdity. Losing Bell, and replacing it with Breather is not a fair trade. Even if it's 5x Breather: 1x Bell - still not even remotely a close trade.

There has been no Unicorn out of Montreal in recent history. Perhaps Element AI may get there, or perhaps Lightspeed.  Have you looked at Montreal's global relevancy as a tech hub? It's still not even top 30. FYI - CBRE reports Toronto does 4:1 on tech job creation vs Montreal since 2013.

Love the optimism, but this is mostly fantasy talk.

Modifié par mark_ac

I dont think we should look at companies individually to see where the future lies, its in the trend that we get our answer. Maybe the world is in a protectionnist phase at the moment (or at least, the US is trying to bring us in one), but overall the trend is with the ultra liberalisation of commerce. 

Dont get me started on that report, they included manifacturing. Has nothing to do with AI. 

3 minutes ago, fmfranck said:

I dont think we should look at companies individually to see where the future lies, its in the trend that we get our answer. Maybe the world is in a protectionnist phase at the moment (or at least, the US is trying to bring us in one), but overall the trend is with the ultra liberalisation of commerce. 

Dont get me started on that report, they included manifacturing. Has nothing to do with AI. 

There's nothing exceptional about the trend. Montreal's tech sector is probably average relative to other cities of its size, and we haven't produced any global companies in the tech sector that have wowed the world. Your point is Montreal is not dependent on Canada, i'm arguing the inverse.

2 minutes ago, fmfranck said:

"Circular conversation here we come, right back where we started from" 🎵🎶

You're arguments are just pure fantasy.

Il y a 11 heures, Né entre les rapides a dit :

9) And last but not least: optimism has returned!

Not for everyone (at least in this forum...)