Aller au contenu

Air Canada veut racheter Aéroplan

Messages recommendés

So they went from a partnership with Air Canada and by extension Star alliance that has 1,300 destinations, to now three airlines that have 100 destinations total?

How is this better in any way?

il y a 41 minutes, Kotar a dit :

So they went from a partnership with Air Canada and by extension Star alliance that has 1,300 destinations, to now three airlines that have 100 destinations total?

How is this better in any way?

It's not, but it's better than the situation Aimia was in a year ago, when negotiations with other partners weren't working and they did not know what to do post 2020. 

May I also remind you that Aimia is currently negotiating with three large airline members of Oneworld, another worldwide airline alliance. 

Aimia signing up Porter, Air Transat and Flair is not all that amazing. It is a good start though.

It be interesting if they can get WestJet on board and Oneworld.

If they do that, maybe I will think about getting a Aeroplan branded credit card, but for now sticking with BMO.

9 hours ago, jesseps said:

Aimia signing up Porter, Air Transat and Flair is not all that amazing. It is a good start though.

It be interesting if they can get WestJet on board and Oneworld.

If they do that, maybe I will think about getting a Aeroplan branded credit card, but for now sticking with BMO.

I love my BMO card even after the devaluation of points.  However, these deals make me confident that I can hold onto my 250K Aeropeso miles just a little bit longer before rushing to book flights.  

Quand j'ai appris que AC serait remplacé par Porter, je me suis presque mis à pleurer d'avoir accumulé autant de points pour rien (Porter à partir de Montréal, sérieusement!?)

Mais avec Transat, j'ai retrouvé le sourire ! Ce n'est pas la même qualité que AC, mais les destinations sont intéressantes, moins que AC, mais 1000x mieux que Porter!

Ultimement par contre, je souhaite toujours un rachat par AC de Aéroplan (push your boss to do it @mark_ac ;) )

7 hours ago, mark_ac said:

aimia is entirely based in Toronto with a small operation in Montreal.

Good reminder, thanks. (I recall when AE used to be located across the tracks from the current MUC super hospital)

Can you tell us where the AC FF program will be located? (I suspect a bunch will be collocated with existing call centers, but how about the rest?)  

Modifié par YUL

1 hour ago, ERJ-Boy said:

Its a lie. 

Aimia's operations in Toronto are solely for the management of other loyalty programs like BMO and Banque Nationale, including their call centres. They also handle the inventory for Aeroplan redemptions. The new CEO is also based in Toronto, the two before him were based in London, UK. 

Aimia in Montreal has a big IT department at Vendôme, and almost all of Aeroplan's operations are in Tour Aimia. This includes systems management, accounting, HR, a call centre for Aeroplan, TD and CIBC, accounts management, etc. In other words, everything is done in Montreal relating to Aeroplan. Even the pay system is done in Montreal for all worldwide employees. It's also in Montreal that all the consolidation happens, and most upper finance management is in Montreal. 

Moi je souhaite pas un rachat. S'ils réussissent à obtenir un deal avec Oneworld, c'est une entreprise de Montréal qui gèrera le programme de fidélité pour 528M de passagers annuellement. Ça dépasse de loin ce que Air Canada peut offrir. Un rachat par Air Canada, c'est une vision trop étroite et court terme du potentiel de l'entreprise. 

Very imformative!  Thanks ERJ-Boy.