Aller au contenu

Voie réservée (emprise de la 440) - Le Fameux Boulevard 440

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

Il y a 1 heure, SKYMTL a dit :

The only way for buses to effectively get to the new boulevard is to go through smaller streets.  For example; Budge, Antoine Faucon (after Chateau Pierrefonds), Meloche, etc. are all very quiet residential streets, not arteries designed to carry bus traffic to this new boulevard.  

I wasn't referring to car traffic but rather the increase in large buses passing down small streets.  

If they built an urban boulevard open to car traffic, don't you think traffic would be way worse on these streets with cars AND buses? 

• Like 4

Il y a 2 heures, SKYMTL a dit :

It isn't an assumption.  Budge and Meloche are shown as accesses to the new boulevard.  

And no, buses on AF turn onto Chateau Pierrefonds.  

According to the actual STM map, Express buses 401 and 468 use Antoine-Faucon, as well as the 201 Local.

Meloche might get a little bus volume on the portion between Château-Pierrefonds and Vivier (there’s a park on one side) of that portion. Budge I really doubt it, just doesn’t seem like a very efficient access to the busway. Like I said, with a new boulevard these smaller streets with access to that boulevard would be congested with cars either way. So the increased traffic point is moot.

Dans tous les cas, peu importe la rue, la STM a acheté récemment des midibus pour la ligne 212 à SADB. Éventuellement, je verrais bien une flotte de midibus, électrifiés, pour desservir ce coin du West Island et utiliser le nouveau corridor de rabattement vers la station Kirkland.

Même s'ils passent dans une rue comme Budge ou Meloche pour offrir un service de plus grande proximité, les midibus sont plus petits et silencieux qu'un autobus conventionnel, parfaitement adaptés pour ces petites rues résidentielles de banlieues. Encore mieux si la flotte est complètement électrique.

On ne dérange pas la quiétude des résidents, mais on évite en plus d'avoir de longues files de voitures qui auraient voulu se rendre sur le boulevard urbain en passant dans ces rues. 

bus_02-623x180.jpg

Edit : il semble que les midibus de la STM pour la ligne 212 soient déjà 100% électriques selon le site de la STM.

Modifié par Gabmtl

Il y a 1 heure, SkahHigh a dit :

According to the actual STM map, Express buses 401 and 468 use Antoine-Faucon, as well as the 201 Local.

Meloche might get a little bus volume on the portion between Château-Pierrefonds and Vivier (there’s a park on one side) of that portion. Budge I really doubt it, just doesn’t seem like a very efficient access to the busway. Like I said, with a new boulevard these smaller streets with access to that boulevard would be congested with cars either way. So the increased traffic point is moot.

Only antoine-faucon will be connected. The other streets are enclosed by houses. 

Il y a 6 heures, helios_the_powerful a dit :

https://goo.gl/maps/AdmgJTVaeSu

There are two parking lanes, two driving lanes and another one acting as a median. This is just as wide as St-Zotique is in the East.

Are you serious lol?

Just because the lanes are wide and there's parking on both sides of the street doesn't mean it's not a residential street. 

Il y a 7 heures, SkahHigh a dit :

Meloche might get a little bus volume on the portion between Château-Pierrefonds and Vivier (there’s a park on one side) of that portion. Budge I really doubt it, just doesn’t seem like a very efficient access to the busway. Like I said, with a new boulevard these smaller streets with access to that boulevard would be congested with cars either way. So the increased traffic point is moot.

The 201 doesn't go past Henri-Daoust

The 401 and 468 do not go past Chateau-Pierrefonds

It's important for the urban boulevard to go all the way to Gouin to minimize bus traffic on Chateau-Pierrefonds and Antoine-Faucon

• Like 2

il y a 10 minutes, budgebandit a dit :

The 201 doesn't go past Henri-Daoust

The 401 and 468 do not go past Chateau-Pierrefonds

It's important for the urban boulevard to go all the way to Gouin to minimize bus traffic on Chateau-Pierrefonds and Antoine-Faucon

That I agree fully with.

Il y a 5 heures, budgebandit a dit :

Just because the lanes are wide and there's parking on both sides of the street doesn't mean it's not a residential street. 

It's a collector street. Buses belong there.

Il y a 5 heures, budgebandit a dit :

Il y a 5 heures, SkahHigh a dit :

That I agree fully with.

I completely disagree.

I don't believe the REM station will increase the bus traffic on Château-Pierrefonds and Antoine-Faucon.

During peak hours, there is already up to 10 buses/hour that serve both Château-Pierrefonds and Antoine-Faucon.fIqXseJ.png?1

NHYAfwZ.jpg?1

That conveniently matches the future peak frequency of the REM at Kirkland, so there's no point in having more bus frequency than that.

What is likely to happen with the Kirkland REM and the bus network redesign, is that there will be 20 buses/hour instead of 10, but they will run on either Antoine Faucon or Château-Pierrefonds, not both.

That will double the capacity without increasing bus traffic. 

H9usRPT.jpg?1

• Like 3

It's a collector street out of circumstance, because there only two ways for people in that area to go east (which is already a problem in itself); 1. They take Boul. Pierrefonds directly to St- Charles or 2. They take Chateau-Pierrefonds to Antoine-Faucon to St-Charles. 

To really understand the situation, you need to break up Antoine-Faucon into east/west sections. East = east of Chateau Pierrefonds and West = west of Chateau Pierrefonds. The bus traffic on Antoine-Faucon east will not increase but there will be a DRAMATIC increase on Antoine-Faucon west, as well as on Chateau-Pierrefonds. As is stands there are 0 buses on Antoine-Faucon west, which is a very residential area. How can you argue that the boulevard should not connect to Gouin and Boul. Pierrefonds to limit/mitigate and disperse this traffic for local residents? There are also several bus routes from Pierrefonds Boulevard that used to go east toward Fairview that will now be going west towards the REM station. 

• Like 1