Aller au contenu

Article showcasing S18 TATL flights

Messages recommendés

Interesting article. I never knew YUL-CDG was a larger route overall than YYZ-LHR. Montreal seems to stand out well especially given our size versus the much larger competing hubs. 

2 hours ago, caribb said:

Interesting article. I never knew YUL-CDG was a larger route overall than YYZ-LHR. Montreal seems to stand out well especially given our size versus the much larger competing hubs. 

Yeah that was definitely a surprise.

Also that Orly-Guadeloupe is the fourth largest TATL sector by forecast number of seats for end-July 2018. I never knew there was such volume. Thanks FlyboyMTL for posting the link.

8 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Also that Orly-Guadeloupe is the fourth largest TATL sector by forecast number of seats for end-July 2018. I never knew there was such volume. Thanks FlyboyMTL for posting the link.

Yeah that surprised me too. I guess it’s s lot of government officials and French sun seekers. 

Modifié par caribb

Il y a 6 heures, caribb a dit :

That cuts both ways though. A lot of those pax end up connecting in CDG. As we keep developing direct links front YUL, we should eventually aim to have YUL-CDG ramp down to lower traffic than YYZ-LHR, as it should be. This would be a sign that we are developing into a hub rather than endpoint.

• Like 2

On 2018-06-08 at 10:52 AM, caribb said:

I never knew YUL-CDG was a larger route overall than YYZ-LHR

Let's not forget that this is a look at one week during the busy summer season.

Toronto-London, throughout the year, is probably a larger market than Montreal-Paris, on account that YYZ has several airlines operating daily flights to LGW as well.  WS and TS are year round on YYZ-LGW, and BA is summer seasonal. YYZ even has flights to STN this year, a third London airport. Whereas YUL only has CDG year round, ORY being summer seasonal.

However at peak season, YUL-CDG is massive, as illustrated.

Modifié par thenoflyzone
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, thenoflyzone said:

Let's not forget that this is a look at one week during the busy summer season.

Toronto-London, throughout the year, is probably a larger market than Montreal-Paris, on account that YYZ has several airlines operating daily flights to LGW as well.  WS and TS are year round on YYZ-LGW, and BA is summer seasonal. YYZ even has flights to STN this year, a third London airport. Whereas YUL only has CDG year round, ORY being summer seasonal.

However at peak season, YUL-CDG is massive, as illustrated.

Ah good point. Your probably correct. Still though the two routes are quite impressive. I’m a bit curious though why BA and AF only fly to Canada from London and Paris respectively whereas Canadian carriers took the leap to secondary cities. Surely BA could operate a Manchester flight to Montreal or Air France could launch a secondary hub (Lyon or Nice) to North America. Seems to me they are not very innovative on the Canadian market. BA is dropping YYC to seasonal service and seems to be stagnant here at YUL. At least Lufthansa uses Munich to open new markets beyond Frankfurt. 

BA and Air France are very hub-centric and there are barely no flights to international destinations that don't go through Paris/London. Their economies are also centered on their capital city. Germany on the other side is a lot of medium sized cities spread across the territory and that's why Lufthansa has to use many hubs just like Canada or the US.

• Like 1

Manchester though is a pretty large airport with a lot of connection possibilities. I believe BA does offer some trans Atlantic flights to Toronto and the USA, Montreal could potentially be a good city to add to that. 

For Air France though... they are sticking to an old model which I think is to their detriment. 

Modifié par caribb