Aller au contenu

Maestria - 57, 61 étages

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

9 minutes ago, franktko said:

As it's mentionned regularly on this site, the amount of square feet that a developer can build is limited by the size of the lot. In the case of Soltice, they are building the max. They could build higher but it would take a skinnier tower and at the end it would be the same amount of square footage to sell. Be happy - they could also have built lower with a fattier building!

How would it be the same square footage to sell by building to, lets say 50 floors instead of 44 and why would they need to build skinnier?? Please explain. Also, do not assume that I am not pleased with another building going up on that lot. I am mainly pointing out the lack of vision of some of these Montreal developers.

Modifié par wellz

Il y a 3 heures, wellz a dit :

How would it be the same square footage to sell by building to, lets say 50 floors instead of 44 and why would they need to build skinnier?? Please explain. Also, do not assume that I am not pleased with another building going up on that lot. I am mainly pointing out the lack of vision of some of these Montreal developers.

Le règlement de zonage n'est pas seulement la hauteur d'un bâtiment, mais aussi la densité. 

J'ai oublié le terme employé par la ville, mais c'est un taux par rapport à la superficie du lot. Donc tu peux construire l'équivalant de 5, 10 , 12 fois ton lots, dépendant de son emplacement (C'est des chiffres bidons). Pour respecter la densité d'un projet, tout en allant plus haut, il faut une tour plus mince, et donc moi économique pour le promoteur et les acheteurs. 

il y a 6 minutes, wellz a dit :

From my understanding there is a limited amount of sq feet that your project can have. With the current height solstice reaches the maximum allowed in terms of sq feet. If they wanted to build higher they would have to make a slimmer tower. So basically if we want taller building we need to increase de sq feet limite. Thats it!

Malade!! Il est temps qu'ils profitent de l'excellente localisation du site (visibilité, accès aux transports en commun, événements, hauteur constructible, etc) pour y proposer quelque chose de grandiose et avec une portion d'habitation! Ils ont tout à gagner!

7 minutes ago, Ousb said:

From my understanding there is a limited amount of sq feet that your project can have. With the current height solstice reaches the maximum allowed in terms of sq feet. If they wanted to build higher they would have to make a slimmer tower. So basically if we want taller building we need to increase de sq feet limite. Thats it!

So therefore, the city has you by the balls in not only height but also square footage. I get it! Shame.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

il y a 14 minutes, wellz a dit :

10 floors x 10,000 sqf per floor = total 100,000 sqf
20 floors x 5,000 sqf per floor = total 100,000 sqf
40 floors x 2,500 sqf per floor = total 100,000 sqf
80 floors x 1,250 sqf per floor = total 100,000 sqf
You probably guessed by now that the 80 floor tower would be skinnier than the 10 floor tower ?

1 minute ago, franktko said:

10 floors x 10,000 sqf per floor = total 100,000 sqf
20 floors x 5,000 sqf per floor = total 100,000 sqf
40 floors x 2,500 sqf per floor = total 100,000 sqf
80 floors x 1,250 sqf per floor = total 100,000 sqf
You probably guessed by now that the 80 floor tower would be skinnier than the 10 floor tower ?

A more better comprehensive answer would be the one ChrisDVD gave, but nice try!