YMQ

WestJet cancelling Montreal-Boston and reducing Quebec City

Ça cliquera probablement jamais avec WJ au QC. Le monde stress de ne pas savoir s'il va y avoir un service en français sur l'avion. C'est niaiseux mais c'est un gros incomfort.

J'ai pris ce vol dans ses débuts en octobre dernier. On était une dizaine dans un Q400 qui sentait le neuf. Faut croire que l'habitude n'a pas eu le temps de s'installer. Pas très persévérant ces WestJet...

Modifié par zombywoof

Beside Air Canada, carriers within North America just don't have Montreal on the map.

Look at American cancelling the 2nd daily Dallas and Miami. Now down to 2 Chicago flights daily with crappy CRJ

United down to 3 ERJ145s on Montreal-Chicago.

WestJet has more flights to Winnipeg and Halifax than Montreal. 

Mark, from years ago, I have always known you as the expert (I still remember meeting you when we toured the International Jetty prior to it being completed), from your stand point, why is Westjet failing in Montreal?  Is it because they never truly ramped up in order to give the brand a chance?  What percentage of business (aprox) does Westjet have presently in Montreal?

Il y a 11 heures, Dallas72 a dit :

Mark, from years ago, I have always known you as the expert (I still remember meeting you when we toured the International Jetty prior to it being completed), from your stand point, why is Westjet failing in Montreal?  Is it because they never truly ramped up in order to give the brand a chance?  What percentage of business (aprox) does Westjet have presently in Montreal?

Westjet offre approximativement 6% des sièges disponibles sur les vols au départ de YUL.

Didn't there used to be 3 daily flights to MIA with a 738 back about 10 years ago? And two 738s to DFW? Meanwhile, passenger traffic to the US is growing. Air Canada seems like the only one having success expanding in Montreal. I think there may be a couple of reasons why:

1. Brand - the Air Canada brand is incredibly well-established in Montreal. It helps having their HQ here.

2. Loyalty - as the airline that flies to the most destinations out of YUL, people feel comfortable taking Air Canada. They've probably flown Air Canada in the past, liked their service, and are willing to fly them again. I don't feel many people have flown WestJet a they simply don't fly to as many destinations from YUL.

I will say that Porter actually has a pretty well-estalished brand and following in YUL. It's a sign that it is possible to establish oneself in AC's backyard but they need to be devoted to the area or bring something special.

Il y a 14 heures, mark_ac a dit :

Cancelling Boston eff July

Reducing Quebec City from 4 day to 2 day.

Je ne sais pas d'où cette information vient mais on peut toujours booker des vols YUL-BOS sur WestJet jusqu'à l'infini pour l'instant.