Aller au contenu

Les milléniaux de partout sur la planète craquent pour Montréal

_mtler_

Messages recommendés

Wow, what fantastic news for the city!

I think what's most amazing about this ranking is that Montreal as a "has-been" city, "the best days are behind us" feeling is evaporating, and in the eyes of the younger generations, they see Montreal as a special place in the world, the same way people who visited in the 1920s and the 1960s reported feeling about the city.

As I have said previously, the great cities of the world always rise again, regardless of how dire the political or economic situation was at one time. Berlin resurfaced and takes the top spot, and Montreal has begun its resurgence and already sits in the #2 spot. Amazing.

Vive Montréal!

• Thanks 1

Montréal a reçu 9.9 pour "immigrant tolerance".

J'attend le prochain quebec bashing du Globe and Mail, avec une brique et un fanal...

Modifié par YUL
  • Like 3

il y a 11 minutes, mark_ac a dit :

Well the issue is millennials are not moving here, and many millennials are getting their degrees in Montreal and shipping out.

No doubt however Montreal is a cool fun city with lots of creativity. 

Good points!

Some cities are fun to visit, others, good for universities, and others, fine for actually living and working.

Notice where Montreal gets the most advantage over its rivals: housing.

Looking at some other scores, notably for Berlin, I might argue that the perception is somewhat dated in respect of housing (getting expensive), and doubtful in respect of start-up (I have heard all the hypes,  but do not believe in the potential past the initial stage).  For London,  I think that Brexit is casting a long shadow over business and jobs prospects.

Obviously (I hope), the factors listed are not of equal importance (beer!). Finally, language (not in the list) may not be much of an issue for visiting, but it is certainly a major consideration for permanent residency.

il y a 48 minutes, mark_ac a dit :

Well the issue is millennials are not moving here, and many millennials are getting their degrees in Montreal and shipping out.

No doubt however Montreal is a cool fun city with lots of creativity. 

We doing good ! Even the « Employement score » is ONLY 0.3 behind Toronto ! That means that the perception of Montreal is changing among  people ! Who wouldve thought that Montreal would one day be in such a good position considering all the bad things that happened in the past ? Today, only the people who are stuck in the past will tell you that MTL is a shithole.  You can’t deny that. Montreal is slowly taking back it’s place. It’s coming. I have many friends who are actually planning to stay. I think that the time when every young person chose to flee is over.

Modifié par Ousb

Montreal sera toujours la ville du fun et du plaisir, mais dès qu'ils veulent une job et fonder une famille (what matters basically), they run away!!!! Talk about contradiction and hypocrisy!! Typical traits of millenials actually!

il y a 2 minutes, Né entre les rapides a dit :

Good points!

Some cities are fun to visit, others, good for universities, and others, fine for actually living and working.

Notice where Montreal gets the most advantage over its rivals: housing.

Looking at some other scores, notably for Berlin, I might argue that the perception is somewhat dated in respect of housing (getting expensive), and doubtful in respect of start-up (I have heard all the hypes,  but do not believe in the potential past the initial stage).  For London,  I think that Brexit is casting a long shadow over business and jobs prospects.

Obviously (I hope), the factors listed are not of equal importance (beer!). Finally, language (not in the list) may not be much of an issue for visiting, but it is certainly a major consideration for permanent residency.

The « essentials » count for 30%, the rest is 25% each

7 minutes ago, Chris1989 said:

Somehow we got a lower score vs Toronto in food, transport and festivals.

Lol, wut?

TO really stepped up their food game. And I agree their transport is better - more subway stations, existence of streetcars, etc. I wonder if the REM will tip the scale, I believe it should.

il y a 37 minutes, YUL a dit :

Montréal a reçu 9.9 pour "immigrant tolerance".

J'attend le prochain quebec bashing du Globe and Mail, avec une brique et un fanal...

Beaucoup de gens jugent Montréal et le « Québec » séparément.