Aller au contenu

600 Peel (tour résidentielle) - ?? étages

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

1 minute ago, MartinMtl said:

If you are able to read french, then you get this from these articles: the first and second ones (Journal Métro and TVA) are about the request to the OCPM to go from 120 to 170 meters. Request accepted.

The third article, from LaPresse+, is about the exact same request. The article does say that the original PPU asked for a change to 210 meters, but that was modified by the city before it submitted the project to the OCPM. So, in effect, your articles prove that you are wrong  when you say that CF got rejected by the OCPM. CF NEVER subimtted a formal request to the OCPM for any changing in the zoning to go up to 210 meters, it simply never happened. You have to make the difference between a proposal made to the city and a proposal submitted to OCPM. 

I'm done arguing the point.

TDC2/3 are 168M not 166, according to a sign posted by the city, which is gone now. For 600 peel they obviously have the desire to built to the max as I mentioned, but it all depends on OCPM and the city approving that, *IF* it stays the same as planned.  

il y a une heure, Djentmaster001 a dit :

TDC2/3 are 168M not 166, according to a sign posted by the city, which is gone now. For 600 peel they obviously have the desire to built to the max as I mentioned, but it all depends on OCPM and the city approving that, *IF* it stays the same as planned.  

S'ils font un deal avec Plante de construire seulement deux tours (mais de 210m) sur la partie nord et de laisser la partie sud pour social. Elle pourrait difficilement refuser non?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fortier said:

If they make a deal with Plante to build only towers (but 210m) on the northern part and leave the southern part for social. She could hardly refuse no?

What I would do personally, is allow them to build up to the maximum and ask them for monetary funds for social housing. Realistically, she's going to ask them to set aside 40% for affordable units or maybe have one tower with more 3 bedrooms for families + 40%. They can also promise to build social housing elsewhere or fund a project. 

6 minutes ago, mark_ac said:

Such nonsense. 

I agree, 40% is too much, the current 30% is more than enough and double that of other cities. Perhaps the city can ask CF to build more 3 bedroom units since they'll build taller, and contribution to social housing. I would do both of those since 1. you'll build taller, 2. they're spending $2B on this project, so a contribution of a few million $ to the city to build social housing is fair. 

il y a 13 minutes, mark_ac a dit :

unreal that such a negotiation needs to occur. A company wants to invest millions of dollars, generate tax revenue for the city and put thousands of people to work. The city should encourage this.

Such a negotiation didn't need to occur. CF aurait simplement pu acheter un terrain déjà zoné 200m, comme Broccolini l'a fait. C'est fou comme ça simplifie les choses.

• Thanks 1

il y a 15 minutes, mark_ac a dit :

unreal that such a negotiation needs to occur. A company wants to invest millions of dollars, generate tax revenue for the city and put thousands of people to work. The city should encourage this.

Corporations do not own cities. So no it isn’t a nonsense that negociations need to occur for said corporations to make more profits.