Aller au contenu

600 Peel (tour résidentielle) - ?? étages

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

il y a 50 minutes, mark_ac a dit :

i don't get this. Just 20 meters north, 750 PEEL would be 170M+.  And i'm not sure any sacrifices or compromises should be made for the horror that is Jardin Windsor.

It’s all about the stairwell effect. You don’t go from 210m to 50m.

That’s why there are height limits that bring it down gradually from 200, 120, 60...

36 minutes ago, SkahHigh said:

It’s all about the stairwell effect. You don’t go from 210m to 50m.

That’s why there are height limits that bring it down gradually from 200, 120, 60...

I thought the stairwell effect only applies to the skyline from a general perspective like the view from Échangeur Turcot or the Fleuve St-Laurent.

I mean on each side of the Bell Center you have a 50 stories residential tower and a 27 stories office building...so where would the stairwell effect be?

• Like 1

• Administrateur

600 Peel

Capture d’écran 2019-10-28 à 14.15.30.png

(Selon les dernières infos, CF voudrait construire un projet de plein-droit, donc 120m MAX)

Emplacement: Projet Quad Windsor au 600 Peel
Hauteur en étages: 
Hauteur en mètres:
Coût du projet: 
Promoteur: Cadillac Fairview
Architecte: 
Entrepreneur général: 
Début de construction: 
Fin de construction: 
Site internet: 
Lien webcam: 
Autres images: 

Q0Y6GZM.jpg
Vidéo promotionnelle: 
Rumeurs: 
Autres informations: Selon les informations de @greenlobster, CF voudrait y construire une tour de 210 mètres. CF a ensuite déclaré vouloir construire de plein droit (120m MAX)

Modifié par nephersir7
nouvelle image
  • Like 4

Il y a 9 heures, budgebandit a dit :

The point is, Terrases Windsor should have never been built. 
Why deprive ourselves of 210m tower because of that abomination??? 

Plenty of areas in NYC, Toronto, Chicago where it goes from 210 to 50 

Because they do it, Montreal should?

Right next to 600 Peel there is the ÉTS which consists on a series of buildings ranging for 3 to 5 floors. And some would like to build 55-60 floors right next to it? Regardless if TDC2 is located 100m north.

I believe some people on this forum are so obsessed or desperate for tall skyscrapers that they would accept these anywhere. You think the Radio-Canada tower belongs in the Quartier Sainte-Marie? Or that Tour Montparnasse belongs in that Paris neighborhood?

People can react confused or sad to my message all they want but fact of the matter is, the height cutoff should start at Saint-Antoine with 750 Peel and the TDC towers. The rest should be gradually lower to give a smoother transition to Griffintown.

Il y a 9 heures, LaRonde a dit :

I thought the stairwell effect only applies to the skyline from a general perspective like the view from Échangeur Turcot or the Fleuve St-Laurent.

I mean on each side of the Bell Center you have a 50 stories residential tower and a 27 stories office building...so where would the stairwell effect be?

Well from Turcot you have the north-south stairwell effect which is the one I am referring to. The cutoff should be at Saint-Antoine as it currently is in the height restrictions. Around the Bell Centre is fine, I don't see why you mention TDC or Deloitte because they are directly across 1250 R-L... The lot at 600 Peel should be the last one over 100m and below 150m to finish the north-south stairwell effect. There is about 200m between the 750 Peel lot and the 600 Peel lot.

Il y a 11 heures, mark_ac a dit :

i don't get this. Just 200 meters north, 750 PEEL would be 170M+.  And i'm not sure any sacrifices or compromises should be made for the horror that is Jardin Windsor.

Fixed that for you. 

21 hours ago, franktko said:

They're going to need a derogation from the city and submit to OCPM before doing that. The max on these lands (Peel) is 120m.

CF has not had good luck requesting to build higher than the stated guidelines.  They wanted to build the TDC towers 180 metres high.  The OPCM said no- only 170 maximum (TDC 2 and 3 will be 166 metres).  CF wanted 210 metres for 750 Peel (or else they would have to reevaluate their investment).  The OPCM said no again.  If anything gets built at 750 Peel, the current plans is for 2 "tree stump" office buildings. 

Now comes the time for 600 Peel.  I'm sure CF wants to build to 210 metres (most likely in part because Broccolini plans to put a supertall condo near the proposed new NBC headquarters).  Again, the OPCM has to give the "green light" to build to such a height.  The expression is "3ed time a charm".  Hopefully, CF will get the "green light" this time.

I'm still waiting for my orange 180 meter office tower.

Modifié par newyorkontario

il y a 3 minutes, budgebandit a dit :

Not that we should but because they do it, we know that it can work. The proof is already there with many, many examples.

In my opinion, the height cutoff should start at Saint-Jacques. I would absolutely not accept tall skyscrapers anywhere, but Peel and St-Antoine/St-Jacques is a great area to put one up. En plus, you're a bit further down the hill so the 210m won't have as much of an impact as it would on Rene-Levesque. 

The Eiffel Tower was very out of place and everyone hated it when it was built... c'est important d'avoir une vision long terme! 

Please don't compare the Eiffel Tower with the cheap stuff CF will probably build there...

I'd like to see your examples. 200m+ towers that are at the edge of downtown, right next to low rise buildings... I'm curious.