Place Banque Nationale - 40 étages

_mtler_

Messages recommendés

• Réponses 5,1k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

On 4/23/2018 at 11:48 AM, SkahHigh said:

You’re talking very confidently about this so I’m guessing you have a source?

If you don’t, I don’t think you understand the situation or the differences between office and residential buildings. Do you really believe they added 10 stories and the height jumped 60 meters?

a.    Tallest MTL office buildings with approximately 47/46 floors

1250 René-Lévesque (47 floors/199m)

Tour de la Bourse (47 floors/190m)

800 St-Jacques (46 floors/200m)

Special Note: 1000 DLG (51 floors but only 205m)

b.    Tallest MTL office buildings with approximately 36 floors

Tour KPMG (37 floors/146m)

Tour Telus (34 floors/135.6m)

800 St-Jacques (36 floors/139m)

Special Note: Tour Deloitte (only 27 floors but still 133m tall)

It would appear that ceiling height is a variable factor selected to suit the architect, tenant, or builder- in the same way as the height of the building (which is also restricted by zoning which would apply to the area subject to construction) is also a variable.  As far as I know (IMHO and not being an MTLURB GodMaster/Grand Poobah, etc.), there is no specific mandated ceiling height that must be incorporated in all commercial and/or residential buildings.  Hence, ceiling heights do vary.

I would suggest given the sample of office buildings provided above that it is not so inconceivable that with an extra 10 floors added, a decision could have been taken to modify the ceiling height uniformly throughout all 46 floors.  The top floors may even have higher ceilings than the lower floors.  This can be seen in lots of Toronto office buildings (example: the EY [Ernst and Young] tower.

New-EY-Tower-OG-Image.jpg

IMG_3647[1].JPG

Modifié par newyorkontario

il y a 12 minutes, newyorkontario a dit :

a.    Tallest MTL office buildings with approximately 47/46 floors

1250 René-Lévesque (47 floors/199m)

Tour de la Bourse (47 floors/190m)

800 St-Jacques (46 floors/200m)

Special Note: 1000 DLG (51 floors but only 205m)

b.    Tallest MTL office buildings with approximately 36 floors

Tour KPMG (37 floors/146m)

Tour Telus (34 floors/135.6m)

800 St-Jacques (36 floors/139m)

Special Note: Tour Deloitte (only 27 floors but still 133m tall)

It would appear that ceiling height is a variable factor selected to suit the architect, tenant, or builder- in the same way as the height of the building (which is also restricted by zoning which would apply to the area subject to construction) is also a variable.  As far as I know (IMHO and not being an MTLURB GodMaster/Grand Poobah, etc.), there is no specific mandated ceiling height that must be incorporated in all commercial and/or residential buildings.  Hence, ceiling heights do vary.

I would suggest given the sample of office buildings provided above that it is not so inconceivable that with an extra 10 floors added, a decision could have been taken to modify the ceiling height uniformly throughout all 46 floors.  The top floors may even have higher ceilings than the lower floors.  This can be seen in lots of Toronto office buildings (example: the EY [Ernst and Young] tower.

It's variable indeed, but your examples are pretty dated; the Telus Tower was built 56 years ago and the KPMG Tower, 31 years ago. Construction tendencies change with time.

Looking at recently built office towers in Montreal, with Deloitte (5,2m per floor) and Manulife (4,22m per floor) illustrates this. 

Pretty much every single modern office tower has floors over 4 meters high, why would a brand new, modern, landmark BNC Tower be any different? Unless you have a solid source confirming that BNC wanted to go with 139m and 36 floors (3,86m per floor excluding crown and lobby), then I'm sorry but you're grasping at straws here.

30 minutes ago, SkahHigh said:

It's variable indeed, but your examples are pretty dated; the Telus Tower was built 56 years ago and the KPMG Tower, 31 years ago. Construction tendencies change with time.

Looking at recently built office towers in Montreal, with Deloitte (5,2m per floor) and Manulife (4,22m per floor) illustrates this. 

Pretty much every single modern office tower has floors over 4 meters high, why would a brand new, modern, landmark BNC Tower be any different? Unless you have a solid source confirming that BNC wanted to go with 139m and 36 floors (3,86m per floor excluding crown and lobby), then I'm sorry but you're grasping at straws here.

The consensus is that Wikipedia is not a solid source- nor was the other (mtlurb) post that mentioned 139m before I saw it on Wikipedia.  We all now know BNC wants 46 floors at 200m (regardless of what the height would have been with 36 floors).  Crown and lobby height?- idk  They didn't post that on the sign onsite.

In any event (using your height calculation for the Deloitte Tower), ten (10) floors x 5,2m (per floor) is 52m- only 8m short of the difference between 200m and 139m (60m)). 

il y a 2 minutes, fmfranck a dit :

Actually, it's pretty simple. If we consider that all they did was add 10 floor to their project, then : 

200/46 = 4,35 X 36 = 156,5m.

Merci:

Le 2018-04-22 à 20:35, SkahHigh a dit :

I don’t think there was ever a 139m in BNC’s plans... just doesn’t add up floor-wise for a modern office tower. At the beginning, BNC mentionned 36 floors, so there probably was an increase of about 40-45 meters with the 10 additional floors.

46 floors on 200m gives a height of 4.34m per floor which is about right. With similar floorplates the shorter tower would’ve measured about 156 meters.

So now the "of course there was a 139m" crowd can stop thinking the BNC people were trying to lowball their own project.

12 hours ago, SkahHigh said:

Merci:

So now the "of course there was a 139m" crowd can stop thinking the BNC people were trying to lowball their own project.

What I meant by "lowball" was erecting something shorter than what was indicated in the articles that were originally posted concerning the BNC tower.  139m (or whatever it would have been at 36 floors) would have been a disappointment.

The (English) version of Wiki has now (finally) corrected the error that was posted (concerning 139m for 800 St Jacques) to show 200m.  Idk what/who their source was.  I hope the info about 650 Peel is also a mistake- 393m is low.

Name Height
m / ft
Floors Year Notes
1 700 Saint-Jacques West 200 / 656 56 2022 To be announced soon.
2 800 Saint-Jacques West (National Bank HQ) 200 / 656* 46 2022 To be announced soon.
3 750 Peel (2 towers) 180/590 & 130/426 35 2022 To be announced soon.
4 1000 de la Montagne 143 / 471 45 2022 Condos
5 650 Peel (3 towers) 120 / 393* 35 2022 To be announced soon.
  • Like 4

Il y a 4 heures, Montréal Fred Metro a dit :

En tout cas, ce projet est l'expression même de faire couler de l'encre ! ;)

En ce qui nous concerne ici,  très peu d'encre a coulé, LOL

Modifié par walker