Aller au contenu

Place Banque Nationale - 40 étages

_mtler_

Messages recommendés

il y a 57 minutes, newyorkontario a dit :

Parks next to skyscrapers can create problems

Like Normand Hamel said, it's not the parks that create problems, rather the skyscrapers that surround it. 

Since there is nothing else to build between Victoria sur le Parc and the BNC Tower, I'd rather have a park with some greenery and space where people can lie down and relax than another concrete public plaza like in so many downtowns. Either way, there should definitely be a public space in between the two towers, that's not really a question.

• Réponses 5,1k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

1 hour ago, Normand Hamel said:

You mean skyscrapers next to parks can create problems.

If given the choice between a cluster of four skyscrapers without a park and the same cluster with a park I will take the park anytime and anywhere. In this park there will certainly be large areas of the sun, but being surrounded by vegetation.

The spaces for parks are rare in all major cities and when it is possible to have a jump on the occasion if the sun is not at its maximum.

1 hour ago, SkahHigh said:

Like Normand Hamel said, it's not the parks that create problems, rather the skyscrapers that surround it. 

Since there is no one else in Victoria on the Park and the BNC Tower, I'd rather have a park with some greenery and space where people can relate to each other. Either way, there should definitely be a public space in between the two towers, that's not really a question.

This is becoming a little pseudo-philosophical lol. (Is the real problem the park, or the tower, or the shadow created by the tower?)

What you are saying would make sense (IMHO) and be rational only if the park was the primary reason for the acquisition in the first place. I would submit that this is not the case. The park is an added feature proposed by BNC (the last land buyer). 628 started selling units long ago without plans for a park. Broccolini then bought the main lot. Later, Brocco sold a portion to BNC. The park was not already there.

The primary purpose for the development of this land is to build skyscrapers - the park is a nice after-thought in a bad location for a park (in the shadow of the towers). BNC is not going to build a park  instead of the tower. Broccolini wants to put up condos. They (Brocco) did not spend whatever it was they did (100 million dollars) to build a park and then decide to add a tower to shadow the park. As a matter of fact Broccolini is 628. 

Both of you say skyscrapers next to the parks create the problem. Eliminating the skyscraper does not solve the problem - the land is bought for skyscrapers in the first place. Eliminating the park solves the problem.

Modifié par newyorkontario
  • Thanks 1

il y a 3 minutes, newyorkontario a dit :

Both of you say skyscrapers next to the parks create the problem. Eliminating the skyscraper does not solve the problem - the land is bought to the skyscrapers in the first place. Eliminating the park solves the problem.

Personnellement je ne vois aucun problème. Et je ne vois surtout pas comment un parc pourrait créer un problème à une tour ou un cluster de tours. En ce qui me concerne quatre nouveaux gratte-ciel en même et au même endroit c'est formidable. Et avec en bonus un beau petit parc au milieu.

• Like 1

il y a une heure, newyorkontario a dit :

This is becoming a little pseudo-philosophical lol. (Is the real problem the park, or the tower, or the shadow created by the tower?)

What you are saying would make sense (IMHO) and be rational only if the park was the primary reason for the acquisition in the first place. I would submit that this is not the case. The park is an added feature proposed by BNC (the last land buyer). 628 started selling units long ago without plans for a park. Broccolini then bought the main lot. Later, Brocco sold a portion to BNC. The park was not already there.

The primary purpose for the development of this land is to build skyscrapers - the park is a nice after-thought in a bad location for a park (in the shadow of the towers). BNC is not going to build a park  instead of the tower. Broccolini wants to put up condos. They (Brocco) did not spend whatever it was they did (100 million dollars) to build a park and then decide to add a tower to shadow the park. As a matter of fact Broccolini is 628. 

Both of you say skyscrapers next to the parks create the problem. Eliminating the skyscraper does not solve the problem - the land is bought for skyscrapers in the first place. Eliminating the park solves the problem.

I don’t see the problem or what 628 is of any concern for this project as it’s on a smaller, different lot.

There are tons of space between VSLP and BNC, why not make it a public space for the thousand of people who will live/work there? I really don’t get the problem.

Il y a 1 heure, newyorkontario a dit :

Except there is no problem in the first place. Move on. 

• Like 3

Il y a 1 heure, internationalx a dit :

You have a mega-sized city block - it has to broken-up somehow to build towers.  It can be a park, a square, a plaza, whatever... PVM has its plaza, for example.  BNC has decided to build a park.  Good for them.  

And there is a plaza between the current BNC tower and the AON tower
I worked at BNC for many years and my colleagues liked the space between the two towers to eat lunch at the tables or relax under the trees 

Une ville est un milieu de vie qui doit être accueillant et viable. Quand on a atteint la limite de densité souhaitée, il faut ensuite concentrer nos efforts sur l'aménagement des surfaces libres, dans le but de pouvoir offrir des espaces publics que les gens aimeront fréquenter. Sans parler des nécessaires ilots de fraicheur et de verdure au bénéfice de tout le monde. C'est comme ça que l'on créé une ville agréable où il fait bon vivre, travailler et se divertir. C'est ça faire de l'urbanisme intelligent et durable.

• Like 4