Aller au contenu

Victoria sur le Parc - 58 étages

acpnc

Messages recommendés

I know ... and ctv news is getting on my nerves ... they have done a bunch of these reports on MTL condo market with that boring Rob Lurie and always with those stupid comments ''"is there really a market for more condos?" ''

Sont ben Tatas CTV news Montreal :thumbsdown:

• Haha 1

• Réponses 4,4k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

On ne peut pas dire que la construction de condos est une activité spéculative à Montréal. Les immeubles ne montent pas sans qu'il y ait un pourcentage substantiel de préventes au préalable, même au centre-ville. Sous-entendre le contraire de la part de certains médias, c'est soit ne pas avoir sérieusement vérifié ses sources ou être tout simplement de mauvaise foi. :mad:

I think things were morose for so long in this city that people just got used to Montreal being pretty much frozen in time.  Now that we're seeing a marked increase in residential construction I sense these same people cannot fathom Montreal may finally at long last again be on the go and is slowly joining the ranks of other North America cities.  

8 hours ago, MtlMan said:

"No guarantee it will be like that in a few years"

Jeez, this guy is a genius. Thanks for the warning, dude. 

Rob Lurie is a fucking idiot. His reporting is always full of holes and bias. 

30 minutes ago, swansongtoo said:

I think things were morose for so long in this city that people just got used to Montreal being pretty much frozen in time.  Now that we're seeing a marked increase in residential construction I sense these same people cannot fathom Montreal may finally at long last again be on the go and is slowly joining the ranks of other North America cities.  

This! Nailed it, there is a whole generation of anglos who thought Montreal was down and out, and can't wrap their head around a possible resurgence, even if all the stats and numbers say its so. There's a couple of people like that on this forum actually :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

il y a 39 minutes, swansongtoo a dit :

Thats true. There was a survey on twitter about which city attracted more venture capital investement in the first quarter of 2018 between Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal and Waterloo. 39% chose Toronto, 21% Waterloo, Vancouver and Montreal tied with 20%. The reality is that Montreal is first but people are not ready to believe it. Almost 20000 people answered the survey. We still seen as Canada’s laggard. Sad and frustrating.

il y a 10 minutes, Ousb a dit :

Thats true. There was a survey on twitter about which city attracted more venture capital investement in the first quarter of 2018 between Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal and Waterloo. 39% chose Toronto, 21% Waterloo, Vancouver and Montreal tied with 20%. The reality is that Montreal is first but people are not ready to believe it. Almost 20000 people answered the survey. We still seen as Canada’s laggard. Sad and frustrating.

Agreed that it's a little frustrating but I would add that perception takes time to catch up to reality, not only in Montreal. Give it 5 years of continued prosperity and we'll be on everyone's radar.

• Thanks 2