acpnc

Messages recommendés

• Réponses 4,4k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

7 minutes ago, mark_ac said:

you make absolutely no sense.

What he means is that it not as if the BN is moving here from another city and furthermore if CGI were to move into the old BN space, it too is simply shifting space within Montreal. So there will be close to 1M sq feet emptied in Montreal that will require filling. 

7 minutes ago, mark_ac said:

Modifié par mont royal
  • Like 1

Man, I didn't think I was being so confusing with my remarks. I'll say what I said to Mark in private and that's it:

Citation

All I wanted to point out is that BNC is adding 1 million square feet of office space to Montreal and it's not because of new jobs or new office space demand. They are freeing 1 million square feet in their old headquarters. Someone then mentionned CGI is taking that space (well some of that space, I'm sure they're not taking it all).

That's when I said CGI is not coming in from the outside (not coming from Toronto) - they will be freeing their current space just like BNC freed theirs before them.

We're still stuck with 1 million extra office space in the city. Just like Manuvie - their old office building is sitting empty and for rent.

THANK YOU @mont royal

Now I know I'm not completely crazy... :P

il y a 8 minutes, mark_ac a dit :

He just wanted to say that we re not in a situation where a compagny is moving from another city to Montreal. If a Montreal based company moves from a tower to another, the unoccupied spaces number stays the same.

il y a une heure, vivreenrégion a dit :

même que CGI veulent plus gros car un de mes chums work là et ils ne veulent plus de télé travail, maintenant c'est tout le monde au bureau. IBM leur compétiteur fait la même chose alors faut suivre.

Et il y a 10 ans, on nous disait que le centre-ville allait se vider et que le télé-travail, c'était la voie de l'avenir !!

• Haha 1

I think that 600 De la Gauchetière will be bought by someone like GWL Realty or Investors group (companies that bought SNC Lavalin and CGI buildings) and then rented out on a floor basis. I would be surprised to see one tenant take the whole building. Who else do we know is expanding or could consolidate their buildings?

Le marché du bureau dans les centre-villes est souvent un grand jeu de chaises musicales, alors pourquoi se surprendre? Cela a toujours été le cas quand un immeuble important est construit et toujours les surfaces abandonnées ont trouvé preneurs à leur tour.

N'oublions pas non plus qu'il y a bon an mal an une demande de nouveaux espaces. Une chose est sûre: on ne peut pas dire que le secteur bureaux est spéculatif à Montréal, il évolue simplement en fonction de la réalité économique de la ville, sans plus.

Finalement dans un marché équilibré, il faut généralement un pourcentage d'excédent pour pouvoir accommoder les entreprises qui souhaiteraient regrouper leurs affaires dans un même édifice.

Some of you fail to realize that a gradual increase in employee hires is possible without it being in the media and that CGI or any other company simply need more space. I know for a fact that NBC is hiring but it just isn't announced on the news. So are a lot of other firms. It is probably is the case with CGI 

• Like 1