acpnc

Messages recommendés

• Réponses 4,4k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Il y a 21 heures, Habsfan a dit :

Major SCOOP!!!!

I've heard from a fairly reliable source that a major Montreal corporation wishes to move its HQ to this site. They are looking for approximately 20 to 25 floors of office space (approx. 400,000 to 500,000 sq. feet). Also, there will be a 175 to 200 meter condo tower built on the same site.

I tried finding out who this corporation was, but was unable to find out! I guess we'll just have to be patient!

My feeling (and this is just speculation on my part) is that if they can have one company taking 20 to 25 floors before they even start construction, this could easily justify the construction of a 45 to 50 story Office tower.

We Work?

Amazon ? 

il y a 22 minutes, Cataclaw a dit :

I know you're being silly, but I would just like to take a minute and talk about the "human scale", aka l'échelle humaine. "Human scale" doesn't mean that buildings have to be small. Human scale simply means that as you walk down a street, you are experiencing the city at a scale that is consistent with human senses. 

A street that respects the human scale is one where there is activity and interest every few meters, where distances are short and you can interact with the environment around you. You can spot a colleague coming up the street and wave to them. You can pass by store fronts and gaze through the windows. You can wander around aimlessly without fear of being run over by a speeding 18-wheeler. There are street trees. There is street furniture. You can stop and relax, or go for a jog. The street enables human activity. How tall the buildings are is irrelevant because humans perceive the city at ground level. Skyscraper aficionados aside, we rarely look up.

Sainte-Catherine street is a human-scale street, even if there are tall buildings.

Taschereau boulevard in the south shore, is not human scale. (Note: The boulevard is being slowly transformed and urbanized, and one day this will change, but for now... it is not human scale.) If you stand just outside a store on Taschereau and look at someone standing just outside a store on the opposite sides, across the sea of parking and 10 lanes, you will not be able to distinguish features on that person's face, or notice that they are smiling at you. The stores  all have enormous signs, meant to be perceived in a car going 70km/h, and the big box stores themselves have similar characteristics: large blank walls cover 80% of the facade, with a large opening in the middle. It is not a place where you can walk comfortably.

You can also have tall and dense buildings but still find yourself outside of the human scale, if those buildings are separated by seas of grass and parking. (Also known, famously, as Towers in the Park).

TL;DR: You can have tall buildings and still be "human scale", since human scale is really about what happens at ground level. Skyscrapers and the human scale are compatible.

Tu donnes la vraie définition de l’échelle humaine. Malheureusement pour beaucoup de gens échelle humaine = plus petit. Dès qu’on parle d’un grand batiment les opposants vont dire qu’ils préfèrent un batiment à échelle humaine! Je pense que c’est de là que vient son commentaire

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, IluvMTL said:

BIG

I would so love if BIG did a project here. They already have a couple in Vancouver and I think one is planned for Toronto

https://www.big.dk/

Je ne connaissais pas ce groupe, mais je dois dire qu'ils ont des superbes projets! Surtout ceux à NYC.