Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

Projet super intéressant pour l'ETS qui dynamisera encore davantage le quartier. Il s'ouvre sur son milieu et s'intègre admirablement bien au tissu urbain, avec en prime de généreux espaces verts et même une rue piétonne qui animera le secteur, tout en créant un axe bienvenu vers la rue Notre-Dame. Finalement la volonté de relier le campus avec le RESO, ce qui le mettra encore plus sur la map.

Griffintown ne sera peut-être pas le plus beau quartier de Montréal sur le plan architectural, bien qu'on pourrait encore être surpris par de nouveaux projets. Mais il sera de loin un des plus excitants quand on constate tous les efforts d'aménagements et de services qui s'ajoutent avec le temps. J'avoue que je suis vraiment impressionné. :applause:

Le 23/03/2018 à 11:09, franktko a dit :

C'est bien d'entendre du monde, autre que les membres de mtlurb, parler d'extension du RÉSO

Avec le développement au Nord de l'ETS (QUAD Windsor), c'est permis d'y croire... m'enfin :)

• Like 1

• Administrateur

ÉTS: Complexe Dow

complexedow.png

Citation

Emplacement: Ancien édifice Dow
Hauteur en étages: 6(?)
Hauteur en mètres: 
Coût du projet: 
Promoteur: ÉTS
Architecte: Monkès Shooner Dagenais Letourneux Architectes
Entrepreneur général: 
Début de construction: 
Fin de construction: 
Site internet: 
Lien webcam: 
Autres images: 
Vidéo promotionnelle: 
Rumeurs: 
Autres informations: 

I think the ETS needs to open up the ground floor to the street for all its buildings. Too much dead wall along Peel.

They did it for the Maison des Etudiants and Phase3 residences because the city was concerned about just that. I don't think the city enforces this in the eastern N-D section (from a Peel PoV). Otherwise I guess the will comply like they did for the other buildings. The ETS owns a real estate management corporation, it's not like they would have organizational issues if they added new commercial street front. However they will probably favor an open space plan for the ground floor if they can.

The very old plan when I studied there was to keep part of the old brass beer making equipment as the mandatory "art piece" required for all public buildings. I hope they keep the idea. For an engineering school, it would have been a nice fit. But that was back when the plan was to punch window into the existing brick warehouse and turn it into classroom while converting the offices into INGO phase 2 (R&D outpost and startup space). That plan was killed after an administration change. It was both impractical as the warehouse wasn't designed for that and the "full" INGO complex was a pipedream equal if not worst than UQAM l’îlot Voyageur. It was also speculative development instead of putting the money into, you know, more famous researchers or new classrooms / labs.The next plan was to demolish the warehouse but it was rejected by the city, twice. The plan after that (the current one) is to wait for it to be declared unsafe by the fire department (that's not the "official" position, but well known, even here). If brick could burn, it would most probably already be a heap of ashes. Maybe with the new design they may try to bargain by renovating/reconverting what was to be INGO2 before it's too late. I don't know, I graduated years ago.

The Maison des Etudiants was originally going to be commercial office space with half a floor donated to the student association. However thankfully that was contested and rejected before it was too late. If the UQAM had not gone bankrupt on the l’îlot Voyageur the old administration would probably had won. However they were walking on broken glass and could not afford fighting back. The AAETS will never be able to initiate a student strike, but they had enough tools to win that fight. It's now classrooms, so I am unsure what happened, but it's definitely not office space, so I guess they won.

• Thanks 1

• 2 mois plus tard...