Aller au contenu

YUL in Top 50 Airports With Most International Connectivity In The World in 2017

Messages recommendés

According to OAG Megahubs International Index 2017, YUL ranks 43rd in the world (14th in North America) in terms of international connectivity (ratio of possible scheduled international connections to the number of destinations served by the airport).

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/vancouver-international-airport-connectivity-2017

LHR is first, obviously. YYZ is 5th. YVR is in 26th place.

You can download the official report here for free.

Modifié par thenoflyzone
  • Thanks 1

Dans les dernières années, YUL avait plûtôt glissé vers le 115e rang mondial. La croissance phénoménale de nombreux aéroports asiatiques explique en partie ce glissement. Nous aurons besoin de plusieurs bonnes année comme 2016 et 2017 pour espérer remonter dans le top 100. 

ABB has regional research centres there and there is a lot of traffic between the two cities. I also know of several partnerships between universities in Montreal and Raleigh. It's also not really a competitor hub so there is less pressure for competition there. 

• Like 1

Excluding Hawaii (won't happen due to distance/low yield), RDU is the 4th largest unserved market out of YUL based on O&D, behind SAN, SEA and MSY. 

It is, however, the shortest route of the bunch, by far. A CRJ-200 can easily ply that route, so if I was a betting man, I would say YUL-RDU will happen sooner rather than later.

Annual O&D of over 22,000 between YUL and RDU. That's 30 PDEW. Decent numbers for CRJ service.

Modifié par thenoflyzone
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, YUL said:

Let's hope at least a CRJ705... I just can't fit in a CRJ200...

(NB this is all hypothetical...) If about a third of those 30 psgrs were J fares or derivatives, or if the main cabin fares sold were the equivalent of those J fares plus some Y, and everyone wanted to fly at the time that the single daily flight was offered, then sure, why not, assign a J/Y cabin 705 to the sector. But I suspect otherwise. 

Thinking about how Porter Q400s fly YYZ-Myrtle Beach, perhaps cost effective to use a feeder Q400, except... It's a long sector for a single class of service at the lower speed, perhaps ok for the Myrtle Beach leisure tickets but perhaps not for the business shuttle scene. I will concede that the Q400 gate-to-gate time would still be less than the current option of having to change planes en route.