Aller au contenu

Amazon looking for a location to have a 2nd HQ

jesseps

Messages recommendés

à l’instant, andre md a dit :

Why are we helping amazon killing tons of entreprise. Why are we giving the monopoly to one company to rules the retail business online. 

We should help Lightspeed (headquarter in Montreal ) to get all the stores and companies online.

More diversity more competition  this is real capitalism. 

"We" aren't doing anything by accepting the construction of a 2nd HQ. If they need a 2nd HQ its because theyre expanding, if they're expanding it's because their business model is successful. Its a customer driven "revolution". People want to continuously pay less. 

8 minutes ago, fmfranck said:

"We" aren't doing anything by accepting the construction of a 2nd HQ. If they need a 2nd HQ its because theyre expanding, if they're expanding it's because their business model is successful. Its a customer driven "revolution". People want to continuously pay less. 

amazon isn't the cheapest for sporting good altitude sport (online site) (based in chabanel) is hard to beat i bought my gps watch SUUNTO ambit 3 Peak for 400$ 

2 minutes ago, fmfranck said:

Cheapest/easiest/better presented. Whatever you want to call it, its the customers that are making them powerful, not the location of a 2nd HQ.

Thanks for the subsidies they got . Tu veut que je te sorte la liste de subventions que Amazon a recu pour competitioner nos entreprises. 

And by the way it's easy to compete when you don't pay taxes. 

Dans le mileu sportif on appele ca des tricheurs. 

26 minutes ago, fmfranck said:

You implied that the Québec government wasnt tech friendly, which is totally false. For years, IT companies benefited from VERY generous tax cuts (maybe they still do). Also its a ludicrous statement to make when Montréal leads Canada in IT jobs according to a recent study, and Google, IBM, Samsung, Facebook and many others have made important IT investments in our city in the last months/years. 

Again, this is my personal opinion. So disagree all you want.

Uber leaving Montréal creates a perception of Québec as having an anti-tech environment. Whether the underlying stats support this assertion or not (and you point out that the stats actually contradict it!) the perception is what will be top of mind for most people. We live in an age of headlines and poorly researched news. As such, I think that this news can only hurt our city's chances of luring Amazon HQ2. I also believe that we are not in the top running: if the goal is to land the HQ we can't afford anything that harms our image.

13 minutes ago, Gotti said:

Again, this is my personal opinion. So disagree all you want.

Uber leaving Montréal creates a perception of Québec as having an anti-tech environment. Whether the underlying stats support this assertion or not (and you point out that the stats actually contradict it!) the perception is what will be top of mind for most people. We live in an age of headlines and poorly researched news. As such, I think that this news can only hurt our city's chances of luring Amazon HQ2. I also believe that we are not in the top running: if the goal is to land the HQ we can't afford anything that harms our image.

Anti-Tech really ????

UBER don't pay taxes doesn't respect rules they are bums. 

UBER is out of LONDON of Vancouver and many other cities it's not a big lost. 

That freaking narrative that Quebec and its people are unwelcoming to progress, technology, profit etc is ridiculous. And that somehow our reputation is so fragile and we shouldn't show signs of not being welcoming is the stupidest thing. We could talk about the underlying xenophobia (or complex of inferiority) that it involves but thats another subject.

Modifié par Blitz
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Blitz said:

That freaking narrative that Quebec and its people are unwelcoming to progress, technology, profit etc is ridiculous. And that somehow our reputation is so fragile and we shouldn't show signs of not being welcoming is the stupidest thing. We could talk about the underlying xenophobia (or complex of inferiority) that it involves but thats another subject.

Not paying taxes and not follwing the rules this  is progress really???? UBER want to leave Quebec because they don't want to comply to the rules.  

Ben qui s'en aille . 

Il y a 2 heures, Blitz a dit :

I'd say its a complex of inferiority rather than xenophobia to be fair. Wouldn't xenophobia trigger a protectionist attitude, rather than a desire to attract foreign investment?

Modifié par fmfranck

à l’instant, fmfranck a dit :

Would say its a complex of inferiority rather than xenophobia to be fair. Wouldn't xenophobia trigger a protectionist attitude, rather than a desire to attract foreign investment?

Xenophobia when that judgement comes from outside, complex of inferiority when it comes from people here themselves.