Aller au contenu

Amazon looking for a location to have a 2nd HQ

jesseps

Messages recommendés

20 minutes ago, jesseps said:

Amazon Looking for a HQ. Maybe Ivanhoe Cambridge can get to the whole project.

I would love Amazon to open their 2nd H.Q here, especially that it'll create 50,000 jobs. If I was Coderre I'd go in there hard to bring them, but they'll most likely stick in the U.S

il y a 20 minutes, Djentmaster001 a dit :

I would love Amazon to open their 2nd H.Q here, especially that it'll create 50,000 jobs. If I was Coderre I'd go in there hard to bring them, but they'll most likely stick in the U.S

Just curious, what is the reason why they look for a second HQ.

Not that i look at this as a serious opportunity, i would say low energy cost here could help. For 50,000 thee would not be enough candidate to supply the demand though. We would need to bring in some talent. 

2 minutes ago, qwerty said:

Just curious, what is the reason why they look for a second HQ.

Not that i look at this as a serious opportunity, i would say low energy cost here could help. For 50,000 thee would not be enough candidate to supply the demand though. We would need to bring in some talent. 

My guess is Amazon wants to monopolise everything and have a hold in other cities. Plus with tech and AI booming, and Amazon wanting to be #1 at everything it seems, they can now hire 50,000 qualified people that could've gone to Google, Apple or whomever. 

"Amazon said on Thursday that it was searching for a second headquarters in North America, ...

The company, which is based in Seattle, listed a series of requirements for the new location, including a metropolitan area that has a population greater than one million, “a stable and business-friendly environment,” and a location that was able to attract and retain workers. The company is calling the development HQ2."

Check, check, check annnnnd check. Ça serait huge pour Montréal, mais bon. On verra ben c'qu'on verra.

• Like 1

il y a 9 minutes, fmfranck a dit :

"Amazon said on Thursday that it was searching for a second headquarters in North America, ...

The company, which is based in Seattle, listed a series of requirements for the new location, including a metropolitan area that has a population greater than one million, “a stable and business-friendly environment,” and a location that was able to attract and retain workers. The company is calling the development HQ2."

Check, check, check annnnnd check. Ça serait huge pour Montréal, mais bon. On verra ben c'qu'on verra.

Keep on dreaming !