Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

Il y a 12 heures, Rocco a dit :

La hauteur est grandement erronnée sur cette perspective. Le Hilton Garden Inn fait 37 étages et est definitivement plus haut sur la falaise de Sherbrooke. Celui-ci fera 36 étages et sera déjà en contrebas. On doit donc s'attendre à ce qu'il soit juste un peu plus haut que la hauteur du Peterson. Mais merci de donner des frissons aux lecteurs de MtlUrb!

IMG_20180618_203932.jpg

J'avoue que c'est le Smith qui gâche la photo de famille avec sa façade qui donnera la désolante impression d'être en chantier permanent avec ces insertions plus pâles nettement bigarrées. On aurait mieux fait d'éviter le revêtement gris sombre et ne s'en tenir qu'au préfab plus clair. 

16 hours ago, Fortier said:

The impact will be remarkable 

15 hours ago, deeworks said:

Here's an overview of its impact, it's about ...

14 hours ago, Rocco said:

The height is greatly wrong on this perspective. The Hilton Garden Inn is 37 stories high and is definitely higher on the cliffs of Sherbrooke. It will be 36 stories high and will be below. We must expect it to be a little higher than the height of the Peterson. But thanks for giving shivers to MtlUrb readers!

14 hours ago, deeworks said:

I based on the height of the Hilton, but it is only an estimate of the space that will occupy this tower. And yes I like giving shivers to the Mtlurb community?

Lol .... until the prospective height in meters is released we can only speculate about the impact. The tallest residential building around 36 floors in Icone (37 floors / 148m). BUT- Tom condos has 40 floors and is shorter than Icone. It's hard to forecast the real impact with no height in meters to work with. I like deeworks' 1st impression but I do not want to get too happy. NOTE:  If: 1) 120m is the limit; and 2) no derogation is possible, it is easy to measure the correct impact in that case also.

Modifié par newyorkontario
  • Like 1

il y a 3 minutes, newyorkontario a dit :

Lol .... until the prospective height in meters is released we can only speculate about the impact. The tallest residential building around 36 floors in Icone (37 floors/148 m). BUT- Tom condos has 40 floors and is shorter than Icone. It's hard to forecast the real impact without the height in meters to work with.

Not that hard. Elle va faire 120m, la limite de ce lot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MtlMan said:

It wasn't "inviting" mostly because of the fence surrounding it. A psychological deterrent. I don't think at all that the park itself was a problem in that sense.

I would disagree. There are little parks with fences in Manhattan that are a jewel to be in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, vincenzo said:

I would disagree. There are little parks with fences in Manhattan that are a jewel to be in.

Exactement ce que j'allais dire. Les parcs new-yorkais, petits et grands, ont cette particularité de vous isoler de l'environnement bruyant et immédiat. C'est désirable en ville, ce genre de parc. Beaucoup de parcs montréalais manquent de végétation, de planification à mon avis. 

Modifié par toweroftyraps
  • Like 3

Il y a 10 heures, vincenzo a dit :

Tout à fait, j'ai cette même vision des petits parcs grillagés de Manahattan, comme quasiment tous ceux de Paris. Peut être moins invitants de l'extérieur pour certains mais un sentiment d'intimité immédiat pour ceux qui y rentrent. Et c'est un avantage quand on a des enfants. 

Pour ce qui est du manque d'ensoleilement, ce genre de parcs est un bonheur l'été ou en temps de cannicule et c'est toujours bon d'avoir cette diversité. Il est de toute façon trop tard pour quoi que ce soit sinon lui dire adieu et à mon avis, c'est bien dommage. 

• Like 3