Aller au contenu

EI rumor to start YUL?

Messages recommendés

There's a discussion on airliners talking about EI getting delivery of another 333 this December, and next summer putting the A330 into service on DUB-IAD.  If so, that frees up a 757 and there was some discussion of it starting either YUL or PIT.

TS already opperates to DUB, and lots of capacity to YYZ with TS, AC(RV), EI...any chance we'd see them start-up next summer?

Cheers

• 2 mois plus tard...

Aer Lingus CEO has DEN and YUL as potential destinations. Will most likely happen in 2019-2020, when they get the A321LRs.

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/aer-lingus-launches-direct-route-to-seattle-from-dublin-the-airlines-15th-route-to-north-america-36328471.html

Earlier this week, Mr Kavanagh namechecked cities such as Denver and Montreal in Canada that should be pitching for Aer Lingus routes.

3 hours ago, thenoflyzone said:

Aer Lingus CEO has DEN and YUL as potential destinations. Will most likely happen in 2019-2020, when they get the A321LRs.

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/aer-lingus-launches-direct-route-to-seattle-from-dublin-the-airlines-15th-route-to-north-america-36328471.html

EI has already dropped the ball on this one.... They should have started YUL with a 757 before AC had announced. 

19 hours ago, Alexcaban said:

EI has already dropped the ball on this one.... They should have started YUL with a 757 before AC had announced. 

Alex, with all due respect, it's now two decades since international scheduled services moved back to YUL, during which time I'm certain (though to be fair I have no proof) that Are Lingus must have evaluated YUL and opted to deploy their fleet elsewhere. So I wouldn't characterize them as having 'dropped the ball on this one', rather that it just didn't fit into their plans.

5 hours ago, Timothy said:

Alex, with all due respect, it's now two decades since international scheduled services moved back to YUL, during which time I'm certain (though to be fair I have no proof) that Are Lingus must have evaluated YUL and opted to deploy their fleet elsewhere. So I wouldn't characterize them as having 'dropped the ball on this one', rather that it just didn't fit into their plans.

They had expressed their interest in the route for a while now. What they should have done was deploy a 757 on the route until the necessary aircraft became available. With Air Transat pulling their weekly DUB service next summer, AC is they only carrier on the route now.

11 hours ago, Alexcaban said:

What they should have done was deploy a 757 on the route until the necessary aircraft became available.

Yes I see what you're saying however to do so they would have been pulling a 757 off an existing sector. I'm guessing (again) that they would regularly evaluate different city pairs and determine that YUL was not as good at revenue generation as another existing route where this hypothetical 757 was already allocated, therefore the 757 stayed where it was. 

I think it's important to consider that TS and now rouge are the players on YULDUB, both of whom have a lower cost base than EI.