Aller au contenu

IluvMTL

Messages recommendés

1 hour ago, MtlMan said:

Bonne question. Le taux de chômage est aussi très bas aux États-Unis. Pourtant, tellement de pauvreté, et pauvreté crasse je veux dire. Le taux de chômage, c'est une chose. La répartition des richesses, une autre complètement.

Et pourtant l'etat est tres present au Quebec pour aider les gens ici alors pourquoi autant de mendicité ? C'est devenu une facons facile pour certains pour avoir de l'argent. 

Et je le repete beaucoup de ceux qui demande de l'argent dans la rue ne sont pas des sans abris ni des gens avec des problemes mentales.

Juste aller observer le trio qui font le poste de peage improvisé a la sortie  Angrignon de la 720 . Tres bien equipé avec des impermeables quand il pleut en short quand il faut beau. Ils se relaient quand l'autre arrive comme un vrai quart de travail. Drole pareil parcequ'ils disparaissent  quand la police est la pour faire la circulation durant les travaux de la 720 pour l'echangeur Turcot. 

This is a bad experience, for sure. But others I've read about are more positive. Do not underestimate the value of helping. Collectively, it will be much more powerful a tool for social peace. 

But I can understand the frustration concerning your appartment.

Frustration because it wasn't  my apartment it was my mom apartment and she agreed to help this guy because i asked her to do so. I lost my face in front of my mom trying to help this guy.

I still helping people. But for alcoholic and junkie , sorry i pass my turn. 

22 hours ago, andre md said:

Most of the beggars are not homeless. 

Some of them are from other provinces spending their summer in Montreal. 

I doubt that Montreal having more people with mental issue than any other major cities. 

Of course I won't give money to a junkie this is not helping him.

Robbing people to get money to buy drugs this is human decency maybe.

From my own experience i tried to help an alcoholic living in the street. I let him living in an apartment belonging to my mom for free. And you know what happens he put fire in the apartment with a cigarette because he was too drunk and fall asleep. I learn my lesson. 

So from one bad experience you are able to pass judgement on all the beggars in Montreal, maybe what you should do is spend a day volunteering with the people who help the homeless and maybe you will be surprised by what you learn about them.

If you think the situation in Montreal is bad, you should definitely check out Vancouver downtown eastside which has one of the highest rate of homelessness, sex workers and junkies in the country

let's be clear about one thing, I am not defending how some individuals act but believe me very few people end up in the streets by choice, this is mostly due to mental illness or drug addiction and both are diseases that they need help with instead of judgement on their social condition.

Modifié par alaink
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, alaink said:

So from one bad experience you are able to pass judgement on all the beggars in Montreal, maybe what you should do is spend a day volunteering with the people who help the homeless and maybe you will be surprised by what you learn about them.

If you think the situation in Montreal is bad, you should definitely check out Vancouver downtown eastside which has one of the highest rate of homelessness, sex workers and junkies in the country

let's be clear about one thing, I am not defending how some individuals act but believe me very few people end up in the streets by choice, this is mostly due to mental illness or drug addiction and both are diseases that they need help with instead of judgement on their social condition.

You don't get what i'm telling. 

They are more and more beggars in Montreal not because they are more people with mental illness ,drugs addiction or alcolism. It's a new trend to begg money in the street in Montreal. Monsieur and Madame tout le monde are asking money in the streets now. 

Of course Vancouver having more problems with addiction than Montreal. Fentanyl usage  is a  huge issue  over there. 

And ask anyone who works with peoples with addiction to drugs and alcool  it's really difficult to get rid of it. 

For my side i gave up trying to help them. Of course there is peoples who get out of this terrible situation. But it have to come by themself first.

I still helping peoples but with different situation.

• 4 semaines plus tard...

Why the ‘best cities to live in’ list rewards the safe and the clean

The Economist Intelligence Unit’s report on the world’s most liveable cities is a go-to overview of desirable cycle lanes and botanic gardens, but where’s all the fun?

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2017/aug/16/why-the-best-cities-to-live-in-list-rewards-the-safe-clean-and-bland

Sur 100, Vancouver a obtenu un score de 97,3, Toronto 97,2 et Calgary 96,6

Article où MTL n'est pas mentionnée

EIU parle d'un phénomène propre aux grandes métropoles, essentiellement européennes, victimes de leur succès. L'afflux de réfugiés (qui a entraîné le terrorisme dans son sillage) a bousculé tous les classements européens où l'on voit Munich, ville en Allemagne réputée comme historiquement la plus sûre, stable, pourvue d'un riche patrimoine culturel,  économiquement diversifiée et surpuissante, derrière Hambourg, F/M et Berlin. Idem pour Sydney qui décroche vs Melbourne... toutes des villes que je connais pour y avoir vécu (pas visité)... et c'est pas fini... l'ensemble des villes occidentales vont trinquer au profit des villes asiatiques.

46 minutes ago, vivreenrégion said:

Le coût du logement n'est pas un des critères dans le classement des villes.

Pourtant ca devrait. 

Vancouver est devenu un ghetto de riche.  Un documentaire de la tele australiene qui parle de la situation. 

Le classement de l'EIU me semble biaisé. Il y a certains "intangibles" qui n'entrent pas dans l'évaluation d'une ville, et ces intangibles, ce n'est pas un classement reposant sur une prétendue méthodologie et certaines variables, qui peut nous les révéler. Calgary avant Montréal ? Are you kidding me ? Je n'accorde pas plus d'importance qu'il ne faut à ce classement. C'est de la foutaise.

These rankings for "best cities to live" should be using criteria whereas to create a "best cities to live no matter who you are"... i.e actual best cities to live in, the way it's structured is honestly quite ridiculous and misleading. You would think something like this would be to help someone decide where to go to start a new and to grow and to have a family whereas to not have to displace again. Whatever, we all know Montreal is the best :P  haha