Aller au contenu

Aircraft Parking North of 10/28

Messages recommendés

Morning,

I can't seem to find any detailed plans/images for the work being completed to create a new off-terminal parking west of E taxiway and north of 10/28.  I know the work is advancing, but would love to get an idea of what it will look like (how many spots, how large, connecting taxiways....etc)

Anyone seen anything?

Cheers

• 2 semaines plus tard...

Remote parking for 7 widebodies (14 narrowbodies). 4 (8) of the spots are accessed from runway 28, the other 3 (6) from taxiway E. Half the project is almost complete, and will open for use on July 25. It was supposed to open 2 days ago, but there was a fuck up, and the contractors tore up the asphalt and had to redo it. The asphalt wasn't lining up with the concrete portion of the tarmac. Typical of construction projects in Quebec ! Why they chose asphalt is beyond me. It should all be concrete. That's what happens when you go the cheap way. Airport tarmacs should be all concrete, not asphalt.

Anyways, kiss runway 10/28 bye bye ! YUL is now "unofficially" a 2 runway airport. The notam for runway 10/28 closure got extended til September 30. ADM will keep extending the notam indefinately. The parking spots and the lamp posts they put up are too close to runway 28 for us to use it.

Modifié par thenoflyzone

Wow!!  This is exactly what I thought would happen to 10/28 as a result, but couldn't find any supporting documentation.

Even in ADM's long term planning etc, they don't talk about shutting 10/28 so soon.  So is it safe to say the runway will now become a permanent east/west taxiway?  This could help move things along when the north ramp has congestion.

Another question comes to me tho....since summer is the busiest season, and there's no de-icing in summer, why not use the de-ice pad as a remote-parking area.  Can fit at least 5 wide-bodies and miltiple other narrow-bodies there.  

Modifié par FlyboyMTL
Punctuation

12 minutes ago, FlyboyMTL said:

Wow!!  This is exactly what I thought would happen to 10/28 as a result, but couldn't find any supporting documentation.

Even in ADM's long term planning etc, they don't talk about shutting 10/28 so soon.  So is it safe to say the runway will now become a permanent east/west taxiway?  This could help move things along when the north ramp has congestion.

Another question comes to me tho....since summer is the busiest season, and there's no de-icing in summer, why not use the de-ice pad as a remote-parking area.  Can fit at least 5 wide-bodies and miltiple other narrow-bodies there.  

Air Transat parks at least 5 of their A330s/310s there everyday.

2 hours ago, mark_ac said:

I think Montreal is coming to the end of the growth cycle

air Canada fleet will stop growing by 2019

Prediction of north america growth by IATA is around 2.8 percent for next few years but don't forget Montreal has a lot to catching up for the next few years. The potential is there and we have only touched it. So, even if Air Canada stay close to the IATA forecast from 2019, we will definitely see Montreal well above the average north america growth. That will all depend of Global economy, recession or not, ADM taking opportunities or not , Canadian airports privatization or not, etc. Not only Air Canada growth factor. 

• 4 semaines plus tard...

Been getting a good look the past few weeks at the new parking north of 10/28.  The light posts do indeed seem to be way too close to the runway to meet runway clearance criteria, even when the bays aren't used.  Anyone know if the lights are officially encroaching on the runway protected area?

They appear to be about 120m from the edge of 10/28. As reference, the wingtips or tails of aircraft parked at gates10, 12 and 15 on the end of the domestic jetty are about 150m from the edge of 06R/24L.

I would say the light standards are a little too close for 10/28 to remain active, but this is my personal opinion.