Aller au contenu

Économie et innovation

gomtl

Messages recommendés

Il y a 2 heures, mark_ac a dit :

So why is Montreal investing in Toronto?

When Toronto (or any other city) invest in Montréal, you complain that we can't find the financing here ourselves...  Plus you complain that the head office of the company investing here is elsewhere and will create home office related jobs outside Montréal...

No wonder you always feel Montréal is losing ! 

• Like 2

il y a 8 minutes, ToxiK a dit :

When Toronto (or any other city) invest in Montréal, you complain that we can't find the financing here ourselves...  Plus you complain that the head office of the company investing here is elsewhere and will create home office related jobs outside Montréal...

No wonder you always feel Montréal is losing ! 

Bien d'accord. Mais, on parle ici d'une excellente nouvelle pour Montréal et c'est ce qui compte.Element AI a le vent dais les voiles, au point où la compagnie doit vite prendre de l'expansion pour satisfaire la demande. Montréal est le leader mais plus de talents sont nécessaire si ils veulent exploiter tout le potentiel de l'AI et se positionner plus fermement à l'échelle mondiale.

Gardons le focus sur la bonne nouvelle, sur Montréal et sur Élément AI qui se positionne comme leader AI incontournable mondial avec l'aide de joueurs majeurs comme Microsoft et Intel.

The Head Office will be in Montreal. There will be subsidiaries in some major Asian and European cities as well as in the outlying village of Toronto. I have occasionally seen the reverse happen when a company with a head office in Toronto has offices in Montreal (say Molson`s maybe??) at which point Mark gleefully points out the real action takes place in Toronto. That is what Head Offices do. They expand and ensure that that the final and operational control stays with them. So, somehow Mark tries to turn this example into proof that, this time, the Head Office, presumably cannot function without investing in Toronto.  This is really tortured logic in an effort to undermine this very exciting demonstration that Montreal is becoming a global capital for AI.     

• Like 1

Il y a 4 heures, mark_ac a dit :

You're so intellectually dishonest, it's actually laughable.

In a prior thread, you all accused the Toronto AI sector to be artificial and all government subsidy based. Here we have a made in Montreal company that recognizes the importance of Toronto, and its AI sector. Which does the following.

a.) disproves any theory that the Toronto AI Sector is not formidable and not worthy of public funding

b.) proves that Toronto is an important AI player and Montreal companies must be present there as well to investing locally.

Voila. 

I am not saying that Toronto has nothing to offer in AI, but I don't think they are the leaders in Canada in that field.  What I am saying is when Toronto is not the leader in a field, the Federal government will give them a bigger share of subsidies to help them move up in the ladder.  But when they are the leaders in a field, the Feds will give them the lion's share because they are the leaders and that "we need to promote our leader for the good of Canada".  So, when Toronto isn't the leader, we share the wealth more equally to avoid playing favorite, but when they are the leaders, then we need to consolidate their position and too bad for the rest.

You know, if you want to have more credibility here in economics matters, then you should cover the good new about Montréal, not just the bad news.  Of course, that might be dangerous for you.  I mean, you could get a depression because these days the good news far outnumber the bad...

• Like 3

Formidable nouvelle pour Montréal en effet!  IA est perçue comme la nouvelle vague après la mobilité.  De nombreux analystes se méfient du "hype" et des charlatans qui veulent passer à la caisse avant tout.  Sauf qu'ici, il s'agit vraiment d'une importante annonce et d'un réel développement sans aucun doute vu la prestigieuse palette d'investisseurs qui s'y associent.  Beaucoup comprennent aujourd'hui qu'il se passe vraiment quelque chose de spécial à Montréal. 

Cher Monsieur Mark_ac

Vous ne semblez pas comprendre que le succès de l'IA à Montréal repose sur la présence de cerveaux à Montréal, de professeurs, d'étudaints et de postdoctorants.

Une tradition scientifique existe dans ce domaine à Montréal depuis des décennies.

Les grandes découvertes ne proviennent pas des industriels mais d'abord des chercheurs (MIT, CALTECH, etc.)

Vienne autrefois, puis Londres-Paris, New York dans l'après-guerre, la côte ouest et l'Asie aujourd'hui

Personne ne peut créer en 5 ans des chercheurs de pointe qui font des maillages avec l'industrie.

Voilà pourquoi Toronto est en retard et que AI Element est en mode d'acqusiistion là-bas.

http://www.montrealinternational.com/en/publications/greater-montreal-an-artificial-intelligence-hub/

Vous êtes obnubié par votre partisanerie et votre incompréhension des enjeux respectifs de l'innovation technologqiue et de sa mise en marché.

La Silicon Valley a été rendue possible par des chercheurs. ARPANET, l'ancêtre d'internet a été développé à Berkeley et au MIT.

Voilà pourquoi le fianncement d'AI Element est une bonne nouvelle. C'est peut-être le Alphabet de demain. Dans cette histoire, Toronto et Edmonton sont des joueurs secondaires, ne vous en déplaise.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=mila&oq=mila&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.1935j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

http://ivado.ca/

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~bengioy/yoshua_en/teaching.html

Votre dévoué, votre dévoué, 

Votre dévoué, 

• Like 4

Mais la nouvelle ici, c'est que Microsoft et Intel investissent dans une entreprise montréalaise, non ?

Et si elles ont choisi une entreprise montréalaise pour y investir des millions, ca doit être qu'il y a ici quelque chose qu'il n'y a pas ailleurs....ou que les montréalais sont les meilleurs et les leaders dans ce domaine précis, non ?

• Like 2

Anyway, voici qui confirme ce que disait le Homard Vert il y a un an. Mtl is changing rapidly and taking its place among the most influencing cities in the world, on many aspects.

Greenlobster : 10 gazillion - The Other Guy : Ze-ro.

• Like 2

Le 6/14/2017 à 08:20, mark_ac a dit :

Where is fmfranck - even a Montreal based company is investing by creating jobs in Toronto. 

Is this the evil plot of Toronto trying to steal all our sectors?

Next time put an @ in front of my name so i can respond to your dialogue. :) I feel others have already answered you better than I could've.