Aller au contenu

Montréal au 14e rang pour les "Milllenials"

p_xavier

Messages recommendés

Il y a 4 heures, mark_ac a dit :

If that's what you believe - I for one really don't like the mediocre Montreal outlook. I continue to hope it will change...

Well, on this thread a Toronto news outlet "forgot" that Montreal was ahead them in the hearts of millenials and another one interpreted a few praises for some Toronto restaurants as an undenying proof that Toronto was now far ahead of Montreal in matter of restaurant quality.  Those media chose to believe what they wanted to believe.  It is one of the unspoked roles of Québec in Canada to make some group on people in the ROC feel superior about themselves.  In that role, the place on Montréal is merely to be a faire-valoir for Toronto.  You chose to believe the same things because it conforted you in your beliefs that everything is going to Hell in Montréal and that Toronto beats us in everyway.

In this thread, we saw that millenials prefer us.  Isn't that a good thing?  Another article basically said that Toronto is improving in the matter of restaurants, but it didn't say that we were suddenly bad in that.  Why can't you take the good too?  You seem to prefer to see what doens't work instead that what works.  

• Like 2

il y a 14 minutes, mark_ac a dit :

Dear Moderators.

Can you please reprimand Mtlman for inciting prejudicial comments that I never mentioned. This is just a shameful and cheapshot type of post.

He's right and u know it.

• Like 2

On 2017-04-20 at 9:36 PM, Chris1989 said:

I made two Montreal short films that went viral on YouTube in the last few months and noticed from feedback how little the average Montrealer knew about the city. They just didn't know shit, and I'm not blaming them but Jesus Christ, how can you not know that smoked meat is a Montreal thing? And you were born and raised here? "Can't you get that everywhere in the world?" Holy Christ.

Montrealers have no clue how special their city is. Not a f****** clue, anglo or franco. It's just nonstop bitching about everything all the time. It's easily the worst thing about Montreal.

I'm currently working on a new film, this one 90-min in length, featuring some truly special material about the city. If this doesn't clue everyone in about how great the 514 is, I don't know what will. 

Ce sont des vidéos comme tu as réalisés qui font en sorte que la mentalité change lentement. L'attitude des millenials et des gen Z est beaucoup plus positive que celle des X ou des babyboomers.  Et ceux qui chialent le plus souvent de Montréal sont souvent ceux qui n'y mettent jamais les pieds dont les banlieusards.

Modifié par mtlurb

On 2017-04-20 at 9:36 PM, Chris1989 said:

I made two Montreal short films that went viral on YouTube in the last few months and noticed from feedback how little the average Montrealer knew about the city. They just didn't know shit, and I'm not blaming them but Jesus Christ, how can you not know that smoked meat is a Montreal thing? And you were born and raised here? "Can't you get that everywhere in the world?" Holy Christ.

Montrealers have no clue how special their city is. Not a f****** clue, anglo or franco. It's just nonstop bitching about everything all the time. It's easily the worst thing about Montreal.

I'm currently working on a new film, this one 90-min in length, featuring some truly special material about the city. If this doesn't clue everyone in about how great the 514 is, I don't know what will. 

Amen my friend.

Modifié par mtlurb

^ how this even qualifies as an acceptable piece for a "newspaper", even a free one, is hard to comprehend. It reads like a snippet of a 5-a-7 conversation between two mildly drunk middle aged sales guys.

Modifié par bob

Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.

Countup

• Les dernières mise à jour

1. 3 587

Série de vieilles photos de Montréal

2. 3 587

Série de vieilles photos de Montréal

3. 80

Rénovation de l'Hôtel de ville de Montréal

4. 80

Rénovation de l'Hôtel de ville de Montréal

• Créer...