Aller au contenu

Montréal au 14e rang pour les "Milllenials"

p_xavier

Messages recommendés

Il y a 11 heures, mark_ac a dit :

Here again MacMillan is not wrong...

LOL, now he's got a different story for Montreal media. Very reliable...

Citation

Or, même si Toronto est devenue une « très bonne ville gastronomique », « la capitale de la gastronomie en Amérique du Nord, c'est Montréal ! », soutient-il en entrevue.

http://www.lapresse.ca/vivre/gourmand/restaurants/201704/20/01-5090091-gastronomie-montreal-detrone-par-toronto.php

• Administrateur
il y a 4 minutes, franktko a dit :

bipolarité lol

57 minutes ago, mark_ac said:

Simply put, WE suffer from the insecure inferiority complex that many Montrealers have today. Everything is a conspiracy by the bourgeois Toronto ruling class - the class we allowed to prosper when we decided to give up our status of Canada's finance and economic center in the 70s.

Where are the Montreal ambassador going to Toronto and making noise about our city....

Je crois que c'est un mélange des deux. Les Torontois sont trop fiers de leur ville et les Montréalais pas assez. Il n'en reste pas moins qu'un biais positif n'est pas du bon journalisme, alors je ne dirais pas que la solution c'est de faire de même pour Montréal...

Il y a 1 heure, franktko a dit :

Guys, read the article... he actually never said Toronto was better. That was pure editorializing by the CBC.

that's  the point I (apparently unsuccessfully) tried to make in my previous post.

what he said to La Presse is entirely consistent with my reading of his original comments in the CBC article. They simply put words into his mouth in order to make it more clickbaity and to stroke egos in Toronto (and as an added bonus as a jab to Montréal). It really says more about the state of mind of the Toronto media than it does about Montréal.

Modifié par bob

Il y a 2 heures, mark_ac a dit :

Simply put, WE suffer from the insecure inferiority complex that many Montrealers have today.

Well, YOU definitely suffer from that....

• Like 2

For me the best example we could follow for Montreal is Berlin more or less the same size than Montreal. They share a lot of commons points. The unemployment rate in Berlin was in the double digitw a few years ago it's now at 5 %

If we compare Montreal to Toronto we could be sorry but just doing a quick check with many same size or bigger cities than Montreal and we are not that bad.

https://ycharts.com/indicators/berlin_nh_unemployment_rate_micnecta

Il y a 2 heures, MartinMtl a dit :

You will never be happy until the day Montreal regains its status as Canada's financial capital. Which, of course, will never happen. Therefore, you will never be satisfied and you will keep trolling this forum with your negativity and constant putting-down of Montreal. It doesn't suffice for you that Montreal, right now, has a lower underemployment than Toronto and that our city created more jobs than Toronto in the past year. No, that is not enough. In fact, I think you will not accept anything other than Montreal destroying Toronto in oblivion. And even then, I'm not sure you would be happy. You feed on negativity. Your posts are depressing. Why don't you try to be more nuanced and bring some optimism in the discussion. 

It goes deeper than that I feel. For him constantly showing how mediocre Mtl is compared to "before" is a coded way of saying : French command of the economy is responsible for all the fiascos. It was so much better when the Anglos were in power.

Of course, I don't have any proof of what I'm saying. I just feel it strongly that way every time he writes about this.....

• Like 3

There is proof, he said it outright a few times when I pressed him on what his "solutions" to his perception of Montréal's "problems" would be.

Modifié par fmfranck
  • Like 2

Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.

• Créer...