Aller au contenu

Stade Olympique et site adjacent - Discussion générale

Messages recommendés

1984 pendant la visite du pape

bessette-chro-massb.jpg

N'importe quand entre 1980 et 1984, la construction de la tour a repris en 1985

HM_ARC_003251-001.jpg

En 1976, la tour est restée inachevée à la hauteur de l'anneau technique, les travaux ont repris pour être arrêtées en 1980 en raison de problèmes techniques dû surtout au poids du béton sur la base, en 1985 les travaux reprennent pour être complétées en acier, beaucoup plus léger, la tour est terminée en 1987. Le poids de la partie en béton qui va de la base jusqu'à la mi-hauteur environ 350000 tonnes, la partie acier qui va de la mi-hauteur jusqu'au sonnet, environ 7000t.

Il est beau, notre stade! Même si nous l'avons payé cher, nous sommes chanceux de l'avoir. Donnons-lui le toit rétractable qui'l mérite, soyons-en fiers et utilisons-le comme il se doit !

100 % d'accord!

Barbara Kay: Montreal’s inexplicable devotion to an ugly, unsafe, ill-attended landmark

Barbara Kay June 30, 2010 – 9:53 am

Gazette

Montreal's big money drain

Well, well, well. I see the Olympic Installations Board in Montreal is moving ahead with plans to replace the “decrepit” roof of the Olympic Stadium. The roof is in such godawful shape the fire department has threatened to shut it down. But no worries, eh? It will be fixed at a mere cost of $300 million. Trust me, it will cost way more. That building is cursed with something like a reverse Midas Touch. Instead of it turning to gold when you touch it, whatever gold you have turns to cement, which in turn starts falling from the roof, requiring you to touch it again.

If you want to get the very best possible view of Montreal, you should go to the top of the tower in the Olympic Stadium. And you know why? Because it is the only place in town where you are not subjected to the horrible sight of the Olympic Stadium, which looks like an obese flying saucer that landed in a blue collar neighbourhood of Montreal when it lost its bearings on the way to a Star Trek convention, and was abandoned by its crew when they couldn’t get its monumental weight off the ground. It’s unsuited for anything but football games and track and field events and the ambiance is sterile to downright repellent. (hahahaha!)

Say the words “Olympic Stadium” to any long-established Montrealer and he or she is likely to look slightly ill, thinking of the wheelbarrow loads of money that went into that white elephant, and for which Montrealers paid exorbitant added taxes on gas for a quarter of a century, not to mention creating an addiction to government lotteries.

The most infuriating thing to know (out of countless other infuriating things) about the Olympic Stadium is that it was designed by a French architect that Mayor Drapeau had taken a fancy to. Like we didn’t have enough brilliant Quebec or Canadian architects to design a building which the entire world was coming to see, for whom we could have showcased native talent. Even if he were the most genial architect on earth, France’s climate isn’t ours. This fancy architect, Roger Taillebert, had built exactly one other building in this unique way, and it hadn’t been tested for extreme cold. He charged something sickeningly crazy for the design and then kept charging unbelievable fees for subsequent visits and consultations.

Shortly after the opening, an architect friend of mine told me he refuses to let any member of his family go to see any event at the Stadium. He told me he had looked very hard at the design and concluded that pieces of the roof would soon be falling into the stadium. Guess what? They did. It was pure dumb luck nobody died.

The Olympic Stadium is ugly, unsafe, situated miles away from where its potential audiences actually live, and it has never stopped being a money pit. It gives new depth of meaning to the words “white elephant.” Never mind the $300 million to fix the roof. Take a million and put the damn thing out of its misery. Demolish it. Now there’s a spectacle the paying public might bestir themselves to trek out to the back of beyond and see.

National Post

Read more: http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2010/06/30/barbara-kay-montreas-inexplicable-devotion-to-an-ugly-unsafe-ill-attended-landmark/#ixzz0skDJeS1Z

je ne peux pas etre en desaccord...

Wow! I never thought I would see that: Barbara Kay saying something bad about Québec...

The world is now upside down for me...

Except that she didn't say anything bad against Quebec in that article..unless you consider the olympic stadium to be the entire province. If anything she lamented the fact that a foreigner with little understanding for the local climate and culture was chosen to design it over a Quebec architect who could have been as if not more competent.