Trudeau

Messages recommendés

What I recall being discussed is:

Permanent closure of runway 28

elimination of the old regional aeroquay 

a new mid field international terminal

A renewed and enlarged domestic wing

recladding of the current main terminal 

it would be nice as a spotter to see all cargo operations moved back to YUL but with operating time contraints I doubt that will happen... I don’t know how many flights or what % really arrive or depart between 1am and 7am. I suspect very few. 

• Like 1

If in fact a new midfield terminal is announced come Monday, I am hoping that it is connected underground by tunnels with the appropriate people moving platforms (what ever it may be.  US Jetty can still be extended, and domestic side can also be expanded, therefore, for mid terms, the present building can be modified, also, for the ticketing section, let's keep in mind that most business people, such as myself, never utilize them, therefore, that should not be a concern for the future as more kiosques for tickets, online check in and self luggage drop off is more reality and that aspect will certainly grow more.  Curb side for departures and arrivals is awful, that needs immediate attention.  More multiple level parking, and, access to the airport (roads) are more of a priority in my opinion.  The rem will certainly help.  Perhaps an aeroquay on steroids is a mid term solution as well.  

• Like 1

il y a 5 minutes, Rusty a dit :

Well guys there is your answer.... the closure of regional aeroquai with its underground access is probably where the new international terminal will be situated and this perfect sense from operational aspect wow !!! 

L’espace y est trop trop limité ça m’étonnerait. Comment ils feraient ?

• Like 1

The aeroquai will stay, at least for the next 5 years. Those Dash-8s need to park somewhere.

ADM has purchased buses not too long ago. You can use your imagination as to what they will be doing with those buses.

Modifié par thenoflyzone
  • Like 2

il y a 7 minutes, Rusty a dit :

Si ils ferment une piste .... la 28 ... Ben voila je ne vois pas pourquoi pas ... it makes perfect sense 

Elle est déja fermée il y a une clôture qui la traverse. Transformée en espaces de parking pour les avions je pense. 

17 hours ago, caribb said:

A renewed and enlarged domestic wing

Yes possibly extending out to the northeast (same axis as Alpha), from (let's say) current Gate 47. If the 10-28 footprint is replaced with a dual taxiway, then this domestic jetty could be 400m long, same as the international jetty. Construction would not interfere with any construction of REM access. Just my guess. 

Modifié par Timothy