Aller au contenu

YUL - Nouveau terminal

Trudeau

Messages recommendés

10 hours ago, mark_ac said:

The current facility can handle 20M pax. We're gonna hit 17 million this year.

The issue is purely city side.

It could handle that before the extension of the international jetty. It should be able to handle 25 million passengers with today's configuration.

4 hours ago, mark_ac said:

Can't build infrastructure that's only going to be used in high season or peak hours 

We've seen a huge traffic increase of 10.5% in July & August last year. If (this is a real possibility) this going to happen in the next few years,  we gonna hit 5.2million just for July & August in 2020. I don't think we can handle that traffic increase without additional contact gates. Two months by year of crazy traffic is enough to think about it seriously. It's a question of the image we give to the tourist who visit Montreal during the summer. Boarding with bus on the apron is ok occasionally but if it happens constantly during two months, we are starting to look like a banana republic. 

• Like 1

I think that ADM is trying to plan ahead, and not be caught red-handed in a situation where the airport's installations will hinder future growth. Even though the additional contact gates are not warranted at the moment and in the foreseeable future, they might very well be needed in 2025. We are already well ahead into 2017, they must first build a business plan, acquire financing and insure airlines and alliances are part of the plan. Once those steps are done, they must hire architects and engineers to design the said terminal (and believe me, it is not an easy task!) while maintaining the airport into a functioning situation. The terminal plans themselves could take at least 2 years to complete, and construction another 3 to 5 years! This pushes us well into 2025 at the earliest, where trafic simulations indicate the actual terminal won't be able to welcome all the passengers. 

These are long term plans, and I think it is sound to start to talk about it, before 

• Like 1

Perhaps it's a mid-field concourse its own customs hall.  That could alleviate the current customs hall problems.  

I agree, the problem is city-side; the ramp is totally inadequate.  No doubt, parts of the parking structure are going to have to be demolished to make the needed improvements.  This will no doubt be a huge undertaking.  

It's too bad ADM chose what airport design that they did for the expansion: it really limits expansion possibilities.  The linear model that allows for parallel concourse to be built repeatedly, is the best and most efficient type of airport design.  I also think the land-use at Dorval is totally messed-up.  Poorly planned but that dates to the late 1950's.   

Le 5/6/2017 à 14:03, playmind a dit :

Boarding with bus on the apron is ok occasionally but if it happens constantly during two months, we are starting to look like a banana republic. 

So Frankfurt, Heathrow and Charles de Gaulle (and if i'm not mistaken, even Dubai) are banana republic because they board flights on the apron? 

3 hours ago, WestAust said:

So Frankfurt, Heathrow and Charles de Gaulle (and if i'm not mistaken, even Dubai) are banana republic because they board flights on the apron? 

Can you read those two words "happens constantly"? I'm sure the top airports you named are doing it as a temporary mesure not as a day to day procedure. 

2 hours ago, playmind said:

Can you read those two words "happens constantly"? I'm sure the top airports you named are doing it as a temporary mesure not as a day to day procedure. 

Wrong!

Il y a 3 heures, playmind a dit :

Le terminal 3 de CDG est encore par bus

8 hours ago, Fortier said:

Le terminal 3 de CDG est encore par bus

Oui et c'est digne d'une république de bananes. Ce n'est pas parce que des gros aéroports le font qu'on doit le faire.  Les p'tits bus ou l'embarquement sur le termac ruine l'expérience client point.

• Like 1