Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are going to pick the finishes for our condo soon and I was wondering whether most people stuck with the standard finished or chose upgrades? We are purchasing to live in the condo for at least 5 years.

In terms of backsplash/tiles, have any of you noticed a difference between standard vs upgrade?

Also, I wanted to extend the kitchen cabinets to cover more of the space, possibly extend the island and change the faucet/sink. Will this cost me an arm and a leg?

Any advice would be very appreciated!

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are going to pick the finishes for our condo soon and I was wondering whether most people stuck with the standard finished or chose upgrades? We are purchasing to live in the condo for at least 5 years.

In terms of backsplash/tiles, have any of you noticed a difference between standard vs upgrade?

Also, I wanted to extend the kitchen cabinets to cover more of the space, possibly extend the island and change the faucet/sink. Will this cost me an arm and a leg?

Any advice would be very appreciated!

Deal with the subcontractors directly, the contractor adds usually 10% to the price. This way you can have whatever you want at a reasonable price. My loft is entirely custom made.

Deal with the subcontractors directly, the contractor adds usually 10% to the price. This way you can have whatever you want at a reasonable price. My loft is entirely custom made.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. How would one bypass the contractor to deal with the subcontractors?

(Asking because I thought we had to select the finishes with the builder)

And were they able to accommodate all your requests in a timely manner ? (eg your loft wasnt delivered later than expected)

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. How would one bypass the contractor to deal with the subcontractors?

(Asking because I thought we had to select the finishes with the builder)

And were they able to accommodate all your requests in a timely manner ? (eg your loft wasnt delivered later than expected)

Thanks!

You discuss with it with the contractor directly. My two last lofts I had put a clause with that object, saying that I wanted a custom unit. My unit was one of the first delivered since the subcontractors enjoyed much more doing something different than a cookie cutter unit.

Here are some pictures of my customized bathroom and kitchen. Since it's different it will also be much easier to sell. thumb_IMG_5311_1024.jpg

IMG_5313.jpg

Modifié par p_xavier