Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

Hey everyone,

Last summer I came across some videos on YouTube of tourists filming their experiences in the city - some were really great, and it was nice seeing the city from someone elses perspective, especially people who had never been here before. I started saving the ones I really liked.

A few weeks ago Tourisme Montreal started releasing their ads for the 375th celebrations. Here are the first two:

Une ville qu'on aime, ca se fete. - YouTube

Honestly, what the fuck? Lequipe de hockey le plus titree? Des ruelles pleines de vie? Im so tired of them painting the city with such a shallow brush. Theyve never properly captured the spirit of Montreal. And the Toronto one? Cringe. So, I've been working on this for a little while.

Below is a link to a short film I made and posted to YouTube today. Nearly all of the footage is from Tourists/YouTubers/Vloggers. If Tourisme Montreal can't explain our city to the world, maybe outsiders can. I used the music from Tourisme Montreal's first ad.*

This one features only English-speaking tourists. Ive saved a bunch of French vlogs as well; when I get time Ill make one in French. I have some truly incredible footage for that one. Let me know what you think - share it, send it wherever and to whoever you like. Maybe we can get it to go viral, and get some attention from people who are wondering what city to check out next. Because it is mostly amateur footage, Ive added subtitles in case you can't understand some of the lines.

Modifié par Chris1989
  • Like 1

Hey everyone,

Last summer I came across some videos on YouTube of tourists filming their experiences in the city - some were really great, and it was nice seeing the city from someone elses perspective, especially people who had never been here before. I started saving the ones I really liked.

A few weeks ago Tourisme Montreal started releasing their ads for the 375th celebrations. Here are the first two:

Une ville qu'on aime, ca se fete. - YouTube

Honestly, what the fuck? Lequipe de hockey le plus titree? Des ruelles pleines de vie? Im so tired of them painting the city with such a shallow brush. Theyve never properly captured the spirit of Montreal. And the Toronto one? Cringe. So, I've been working on this for a little while.

Below is a link to a short film I made and posted to YouTube today. Nearly all of the footage is from Tourists/YouTubers/Vloggers. If Tourisme Montreal can't explain our city to the world, maybe an outsiders perspective can. I used the music from Tourisme Montreal's first ad.*

This one features only English-speaking tourists. Ive saved a bunch of French vlogs as well; when I get time Ill make one in French. I have some truly incredible footage for that one. Let me know what you think - share it, send it wherever and to whoever you like. Maybe we can get it to go viral, and get some attention from people who are wondering what city to check out next. Because it is mostly amateur footage, Ive added subtitles in case you can't understand some of the lines.

Great job Chris! Extremely well put together. The rhythm is upbeat and reveals a lot about the feel of the city the way few pre-packaged promo can. Bravo.

Très sympathique comme montage, j'aurais seulement aimé mieux entendre les commentaires. Mais en général c'est spontané, enthousiaste et très pertinent. C'est une agréable opportunité de découvrir notre propre ville à travers les yeux des visiteurs et ce qui les touchent vraiment. Je remarque que la bouffe est souvent mentionnée, mais aussi bien d'autres attraits comme la musique, l'histoire et l'ambiance de fête.

Je retiens donc que Montréal est une expérience qui rejoint tous les sens et que le plaisir croit avec l'usage.

They are extending the "Sorry, neighbor, we are going to be loud" campaign to NYC next year.

Montreal tourism campaign says 'sorry' to Toronto - Toronto - CBC News

Torontonians looking up this morning have been met with a confusing sight: a plane with a "Sorry Toronto" banner flying over the city.

In a bout of wishful thinking, some hoped that it was Toronto's public transit service apologizing for a delay-ridden morning commute.

Turns out, it's part of a new campaign from Tourism Montreal called Sorry, apologizing to Toronto in advance for all the noise the city is expected to make during Montreal's 375th birthday celebrations, which run through 2017.

Along with the banner, a video was released of Montrealers knocking on doors in Toronto and handing out tickets for free trips to Montreal.

Montreal's 375th birthday is set to be feted with a wide array of projects and events, such as a new downtown skating rink and a light installation added to the Jacques Cartier Bridge. The city has set aside $329 million for capital works projects for the anniversary.

Pope won't visit Montreal for 375th anniversary, sends blessings to all

Will Montreal's 375th celebrations cement Denis Coderre's legacy or be his undoing?

If you thought Toronto was confused, just wait: the "sorry" campaign will visit New York in 2017.

They are extending the "Sorry, neighbor, we are going to be loud" campaign to NYC next year.

Montreal tourism campaign says 'sorry' to Toronto - Toronto - CBC News

Torontonians looking up this morning have been met with a confusing sight: a plane with a "Sorry Toronto" banner flying over the city.

In a bout of wishful thinking, some hoped that it was Toronto's public transit service apologizing for a delay-ridden morning commute.

Turns out, it's part of a new campaign from Tourism Montreal called Sorry, apologizing to Toronto in advance for all the noise the city is expected to make during Montreal's 375th birthday celebrations, which run through 2017.

Along with the banner, a video was released of Montrealers knocking on doors in Toronto and handing out tickets for free trips to Montreal.

Montreal's 375th birthday is set to be feted with a wide array of projects and events, such as a new downtown skating rink and a light installation added to the Jacques Cartier Bridge. The city has set aside $329 million for capital works projects for the anniversary.

Pope won't visit Montreal for 375th anniversary, sends blessings to all

Will Montreal's 375th celebrations cement Denis Coderre's legacy or be his undoing?

If you thought Toronto was confused, just wait: the "sorry" campaign will visit New York in 2017.

Unbelievable. You'd swear we were a city of lame corny douchebags up here, with no creativity whatsoever. You're gonna go to NYC, arguably the loudest city in the world, and tell them "sorry about the noise up here"? Ridiculous.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! :)