Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

Uniforme St-Henri tout le monde connaissait ca. J'achetais mes chemises et pantalons de travail la-bas. J'ai eu la surprise de voir qu'ils ont fermer leur portes. Ce magasin avait une très grosse partie de sa clientèle qui n'était pas du quartier. Une grosse perte selon moi pour le sud ouest. Surement un autre café ou bar qui va s'installer la. :thumbsdown:

Mais ils sont remplacés par des Dairy Queen qui font le bonheur de plusieurs ici! C'est fantastique. C'est ce qu'on appelle le progrès.

Of course Trump loves the undereducated angry subclass...unless they were to damage his buildings. This is part of a global phenomenon, the economic gap increasing; fear of poverty and its inevitable companion, anger, rising. I agree that we are protected by the greater parity we share here, but the greater the income gap, the greater potential for social upheaval.

You are perfectly right about this. The more societies are "unequal", the more of those upheavals there will be. I don't think Mtl is the more at risk, even considering those recent attacks. But vigilence is mandatory. And changing the course of economic disparities that we are on at this time.

You are perfectly right about this. The more societies are "unequal", the more of those upheavals there will be. I don't think Mtl is the more at risk, even considering those recent attacks. But vigilence is mandatory. And changing the course of economic disparities that we are on at this time.

I agree. I think an example of that is the French Revolution.

• 2 mois plus tard...

An excellent documentary/film on gentrification in Mtl. Shot in 2012 it speaks to the current boom, past destruction of heritage neighbourhoods, pushing out of poorer residents, landlords speak, Griffin Town and South-West Mtl's., and other neighbourhoods' condo plans and building etc... Interesting to hear the stories from the people most affected.

Modifié par Le Roach