Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

We've heard alot about Asia recently, but what about India. There's no question the Indian sub-continent is a HUGE market, and one that is growing rapidly. We've seen big success' in the YYZ-DEL, YVR-DEL and now YYZ-BOM flights....so....

A question for those in the know....How long (2, 5, 10 years...) until YUL will see a service to India from AI, AC or another carrier.

• Réponses 30
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

We don't want immigrants from India, plain and simple.

What is this? We don't want immigrant from India??

Talking about timing (20-30 yrs), you said several things about the viability of liaisons to Asia from Mtl. With regards to airlines, you are knowledgeable but way too pessimistic about everything.

We don't want immigrants from India, plain and simple.

India has a history of trade and business with England going back to the 17 th century. English is a common language in that country especially for the well educated. Toronto or Vancouver are *an obvious choice for them. Montreal is just not on their screen. As far as i know, this city welcomes immigrants*

from all over the world, if they want to come. Yes the language is the issue.

We should concentrate on latin languages immigrants. South american from chile, peru, columbia, argentina, central america, mexico etc.... Young educated spaniard from spain , the same for portuguese from portugal and brazil , young italian even greeks. Those people could pretty well adapt themselves to Quebec. Look Piatti the argentinian player of Montreal Impact ,he learnt french without diffculties.

I could add the Romanians as well.

Modifié par andre md

Toutes les communautés immigrantes ont tendance à se rassembler en plus grand nombre là où elles ont pris racine au départ. Les indiens ne font pas exception. Il est vrai aussi que pour les nouveaux arrivants de pays anglophones, apprendre le français peut être considérée comme un obstacle plutôt qu'un attrait au Québec. Comme ils ont souvent le choix , ils vont naturellement à Toronto ou Vancouver.

Cela dit, les indiens comme toutes les nationalités sont bienvenues au Québec et le seront toujours. Mais nous ne changerons pas nos lois linguistiques pour satisfaire quiconque. Ce sont aux immigrants d'apprendre (avec notre aide) la langue de la majorité de leur province d'accueil, comme ils le font ailleurs au Canada. En ce qui a trait à un vol direct vers l'Inde, même si cela serait souhaitable, on comprendra qu'il faut un minimum de passagers dans les deux sens pour être rentable. Pour le moment il est entendu qu'on est fort probablement loin du compte.

Not in the next 20-30 years.

You were equally pessemistic about China. Now we have two daily flights starting in a few months. I give it maximum 10 years. After which, the VR and technological advances will probably start to slowly kill off the airline industry.

business class will disapear but not the economic class.

You were equally pessemistic about China. Now we have two daily flights starting in a few months. I give it maximum 10 years. After which, the VR and technological advances will probably start to slowly kill off the airline industry.

The way I see it, Vancouver, with their huge Indian community, only this year got a non stop* to India.

(* AC was going to launch YVR-DEL in 2001 with an A343, but 9/11 put those plans on hold)

Indo-Canadian population by metro area....(some of these numbers are outdated, but are useful here nonetheless)

Toronto 570,000

Vancouver, 217,000 (O&D between YVR and DEL is around 140,000)

Calgary 66,000

Edmonton 46,000

Montreal, 45,000

Ottawa 20,500

So as you can see, Montreal is nowhere near the numbers that YYZ and YVR have. O&D will reflect a similar disparity.

So a YUL-india flight within 10 years? I think not.

Wrong. I kept telling you that the lack of slots in Shanghai and Beijing were the major issue, and not the demand characteristics. I also said that Chinese Arilines preferred Toronto and Vancouver over Montreal.

The issue is here is simply that there's no demand for travel to India from Montreal, and that demand would need to grow by 500%.

Since you're the expert Peekay, I defer to you. I'll come back in 10 years and let's see if you're prediction comes to fruition.

I seem to recall on more than one occasion you commenting that the China demand is not there. Demand, not slots whatever that is, was always your primary reasoning.