Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

Last time I left La Pas!Bolivia (over 13,000 ft) I decided to time the takeoff once the plane started moving. It was over 45 seconds before we left the runway..and it wasn't exactly a soaring take off. It was as if the wheels were lifted and we continued for a while to skim just over the runway. Then, oh so slowly, we began to gain altitude

Similarly, in the early 90s Nationair ran YUL-YYZ shuttles using 757-200s. I can recall being on a couple where pax load was light and I don't think they had much belly freight, so far far below MTOW, and being relatively near sea level they just rocketed into the air after a short roll. *

As mich as the 757 is great for such flights, its either too much of an airplane for short flights, or not enough seats for longer flights.

The 321lr neo is aiming for that niche market, long range and low seat count.*

I have strong indications that TAP will start Toronto next year, and Montreal with the A321NEO at a later point.

In general, how is the connecting feed to/from LIS? Does TAP Portugal have a good network covering North Africa and Southern Europe?

• 1 mois plus tard...
  • 2 mois plus tard...
  • 6 mois plus tard...

https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/neelemantap-update/

YUL once again mentioned in this article.

David Neeleman: Canada is a great year-round market for TAP, not just for the popular European travel summer months, but also for the snowbirds who like longer-stay trips to escape the winter. TAP used to serve Toronto until about 20 years ago so, really, we’re just returning to a market we should never have left.

With the new Airbus A330-900 and A321LRneos coming on in the next few years, TAP will continue to expand not only to more large routes like Toronto, but also to thinner routes like Montreal, or even Baltimore or Hartford in the U.S.

While we don’t like to name too many new routes, I fully expect that we’ll double our North American service over the next five years.

• Like 1