Aller au contenu

Place Bonaventure

nickdude

Messages recommendés

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:46 PM, Ricardo100 said:

Pour les amateurs d'images. Voici un photo-reportage de l'état d'avancement de ce projet (mercredi 21 novembre 2018) sous divers angles.

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

What a disaster!

If you're going to open it up, then open it up and make a basilaire of glass ( don't forget to match the aluminum) and leave the upper floors intact.

il y a 2 minutes, vincenzo a dit :

What a disaster!

If you're going to open it up, then open it up and make a basilaire of glass ( don't forget to match the aluminum) and leave the upper floors intact.

At least there will be an identifiable main entrance now. Previously we had to seach for it. But I agree with you Vincenzo that from an architectural stand point this facade is not the most appealing one in town (even after those rénovations).

They will match the aluminum with the restof the project .But i have to say that the  mish-mash of windows and the ugly concrete is unappealing to the eyes. I think I would of like to seen all of the concrete fasade go to glass or stone.But like every project we have to wait till the end of the project for a final judgement.

Le 2018-11-24 à 12:25, Flynnster a dit :

They will match the aluminum with the restof the project .But i have to say that the  mish-mash of windows and the ugly concrete is unappealing to the eyes. I think I would of like to seen all of the concrete fasade go to glass or stone.But like every project we have to wait till the end of the project for a final judgement.

La Place Bonaventure gagnera un peu de jeunesse avec ces quelques rénovations. Mais elle ne sera jamais vraiment esthétique à cause de son volume considérable et ses proportions hors normes. Son fini béton brute ne plait pas non plus à tout le monde, mais c'est le produit d'une époque et un cas unique au Canada.

Cependant cet immeuble est à toute épreuve et s'il y avait un séisme d'importance ce serait certainement l'endroit le plus sécuritaire, car l'édifice est costaud et hyper dense.