Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

Happy to see Montreal back in the 2016 top 25 cities ranking by Monocle, one of my favorite magazines. Montreal is back at number 25.

Unfortunately the magazine is not online so you will have to pick it up at a bookstore!

https://skift.com/2016/06/22/monocles-new-quality-of-life-top-25-cities-survey-tokyo-is-tops-again/

A few takeaways from the Montreal description:

Pros: SLR

Cons: "Lack of diversity"

Other Montreal mentions in this latest issue: Alexandraplatz and Quartier Marconi

Happy to see Montreal back in the 2016 top 25 cities ranking by Monocle, one of my favorite magazines. Montreal is back at number 25.

Unfortunately the magazine is not online so you will have to pick it up at a bookstore!

https://skift.com/2016/06/22/monocles-new-quality-of-life-top-25-cities-survey-tokyo-is-tops-again/

A few takeaways from the Montreal description:

Pros: SLR

Cons: "Lack of diversity"

Other Montreal mentions in this latest issue: Alexandraplatz and Quartier Marconi

I read somewhere that the Montreal Métro network is vastly inferior to those of other cities of comparable size. They said it was a major negative factor since it should be much more extensive. I think that it was a German site...

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Modifié par IluvMTL

I read somewhere that the Montreal Métro network is vastly inferior to those of other cities of comparable size. They said it was a major negative factor since it should be much more extensive. I think that it was a German site...

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

If we compare Montreal with Sao Paulo. The metro system on both cities having the same number of station. But Sao Paulo is way more populous than Montreal.

• 2 semaines plus tard...

While listening to Monocle, Montreal and Toronto were pretty much tied, but they decided to go with Montreal. It is nice to see Montreal back on the list. When you compare their QoL list to others, some things are quite similar in the rankings or why many of them are great cities to live in (safety/security, affordability and so on).

I was bored one day, so I made a spreadsheet with different cities and their rankings from: Monocle, Mercer, Numbeo, EIU and others (Google Drive). It is still a work in progress for the US and global cities.

Modifié par jesseps