Aller au contenu

Course de Formule E à Montréal

acpnc

Messages recommendés

2 minutes ago, nephersir7 said:

@mark_ac

Why did all the private companies decline to sponsor this supposedly major event with such a great international exposure? 

A good point ... Montreal is still not seen as a corporate-friendly for a number of reasons. Turning this reputation around will take some time but I think it was nice to see some big sponsors for the race (although they were few) like DHL and Qatar Air. Given a few years, the sponsors would have found their way.

Canceling the race supports our reputation of not really being 'open for business' ... which is unfortunate... 

il y a 3 minutes, job a dit :

A good point ... Montreal is still not seen as a corporate-friendly for a number of reasons. Turning this reputation around will take some time but I think it was nice to see some big sponsors for the race (although they were few) like DHL and Qatar Air. Given a few years, the sponsors would have found their way.

Canceling the race supports our reputation of not really being 'open for business' ... which is unfortunate... 

je viens d'entendre Robert Beaudry en entrevue au 15-18. Il a dit que l'administration privilégiait de reporter la course d'un an et de la tenir sur le circuit Gilles-Villeneuve en 2019. Ceci aurait permis à Montréal c'est électrique de se redresser, de mieux s'organiser, de trouver des commanditaires...

I don't understand this refusal of admitting this event was a monumental failure for our city, as some participants on this forum persist in defending it, even in the face of clear and undeniable numbers. I understand you guys voted for Coderre (so did I), but the evidence is overwhelming. The only question mark is the number of millions of dollars it could cost the city to resiliate the contract. I wish we would have a straight answer on this question!

Modifié par jerry
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, jerry said:

I don't understand this refusal of admitting this event was a monumental failure for our city, as some participants in this persist in defending it, even in the face of clear and undeniable numbers. I understand you guys voted for Coderre (so did I), but the evidence is overwhelming. The only question mark is the number of millions of dollars it could cost the city to resiliate the contract. I wish we would have a straight answer on this question!

Not every investment in a city's status and reputation on the world scene can be neatly categorized in a balance sheet ... events all around the world are 'loss leaders' that contribute to the dynamism and position of a city as a great place to live, a dynamic forward-thinking environment and, above all, an international-level metropolis. 

If we are to use simple accounting to evaluate all activities, then we should eliminate most festivals, forget about fireworks and altogether get rid of all flowers in the summer (they die every autumn and have zero sponsors).

• Like 2

il y a 13 minutes, mark_ac a dit :

And investments take a while to reach success.  Was the jazz fest and the comedy festival a success on day 1?

Exactly. This is what we call having vision... instead we are going backward...

Valerie is a curse for any pro development individual, just wait and see, it is just starting.

J-C this is bad...

Valerie et L. Ferrandez vont s'ouvrir une Labatt 50 ou une bouteille de vin cheap pour célébrer ce soir...

Après ca, quand on aura une personne sensé à la mairie (dans 3 ans et 11 mois) ca va être ho combien facile de ramener cet événement.

Du recul, que du recul...

• Like 1

il y a une heure, job a dit :

events all around the world are 'loss leaders' that contribute to the dynamism and position of a city as a great place to live, a dynamic forward-thinking environment and, above all, an international-level metropolis. 

Bien dit

il y a 57 minutes, mark_ac a dit :

And investments take a while to reach success.  Was the jazz fest and the comedy festival a success on day 1?

Bien dit

Manque de vision total. J'adore ma ville mais à voir les réactions de certains sur le site de RC, Je suis un peu découragé par ses habitants

• Like 1