Aller au contenu

Quais De Lorimier (Groupe Bertone) - 28, 40 étages (2016)

IluvMTL

Messages recommendés

il y a 41 minutes, georgeplamondon10 a dit :

I really liked the first vision better for many reasons. Unfortunately, the first version will never happen because it is just not feasible. The idea was to create a luxury mall, luxury condos, luxury office space and a luxury hotel… The promoter pitched the idea to many retail representatives as well as to the city and unfortunately, the feedback has been negative. 

Montreal does not have the capacity to bear another luxury project, especially in an area which has been historically a low-income area. Big malls like the DIX-30 are currently struggling to keep their tenants, Holt Renfrew & Ogilvy had to merge to continue their operations and with the arrival of the Royalmount , Solar Uniquartier, district Griffin &  Maison Radio-Canada there is a lot of new retail and office competition. Also, the city would never accept a project that competes for the same tenants as Saint Catherine... 

The promoter must adapt his project to lower his construction costs, to reduce the retail space and increase the office and residential proportion of the project. This seems to have happened in the new renderings which is why it looks more like a second Griffintown… Don’t get me wrong, I don’t necessarily think that this is a bad thing. I just think we should learn from the mistakes that were made in Griffintown and not do them again.

The only chance to make this project a reality is if the promoter finds the necessary funds and if he can fill the office space with for example city civil servants. The rest will follow…

Even though I hope that we will soon see a new project being developed, I don’t believe that this will happen in the next 4-5 years.

This is, unfortunately, a pretty fair assesment of the current situation. 

il y a une heure, georgeplamondon10 a dit :

The only chance to make this project a reality is if the promoter finds the necessary funds and if he can fill the office space with for example city civil servants.

Le Gouvernement du Québec avait justement l'intention de concentrer ses effectifs de Montréal dans ce secteur de la ville.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Normand Hamel said:

Le Gouvernement du Québec avait justement l'intention de concentrer ses effectifs de Montréal dans ce secteur de la ville.

This is why I mentioned it as a chance for the promoter to get his office space filled. If not he is competing with downtown and with the Mile-End / Mile-Ex for the same office tenants...

Modifié par georgeplamondon10

• 1 mois plus tard...
Il y a 4 heures, Fortier a dit :

Projet abandonné. Nouveau promoteur. More details soon.

:/

Woah! y'a d'l'espoir... ou non! (Je viens de me taper la lecture des pp. 27 à 41!)

J'espère réellement que le nouveau venu ne sera pas Mondev, qui pourrait caresser l'idée de tapisser tout le quadrilatère de condos en briques grises / beiges / brunes / rouges, et ce, trottoir-à-trottoir comme ils font partout, et sur 4 à 7-8 étages ici, pour des approbations puis ventes en mode fast-track...

Ta source? (Mais je présume que c'est confidentiel, le temps de finaliser un accord sur le montant de la transaction, sinon tu ne ferais pas que nous teaser, hein?... Quoique tu me sembles rigoureux sans faire partie des plus bavardEs ici!) ;)

Anyways, il appert clairement que ce promoteur de centres d'achats de taille intermédiaire et de petits ensembles immobiliers à bureaux et résidentiels n'avait ni les reins assez solides, et encore moins la compréhension du marché montréalais puis une vision vendeuse, qui lui eussent permis de continuer de payer les taxes municipales sur son immense terrain vide pour les prochaines 5-10 années qu'eurent requises un projet ausai majeur de location d'espaces commerciaux et ventes d'unités par phases. Ses seuls revenus ici étant... une location à Cavalia (fort probablement non récurrente, car ce show n'a de cesse de changer de lieu, un peu comme une marque de commerce).