Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

According to Qatar airlines today, they plan on adding additional routes to Montreal next summer. They will be using the 777-300ER with 358 seats. Currently they have 3 flights a week. Does anyone know how many additional flights they will add?

http://airlineroute.net/2016/01/11/qr-77w-s16update2/

You will note that Montreal has an asterisk beside it. According to the explanation in the test, this signifies that they are planning additional routes to those destinations. Normally, the use of the word `routes` would mean new destinations, but I doubt that Qatar can fly to YUL from anywhere other than Doha ,so it would appear to mean additional weekly service. Of course they say `planned`, so presumably it is not yet official.

I don't think the bilateral agreement between Canada and Qatar allows for more frequencies, hence the increase in capacity (+23 seats). They've been having very good loads on the YUL-DOH route.

Exactly, just like all the ME3 airlines, they are limited to 3 flights per week to Canada, and AC will fight tooth and nail to not allow them any greater frequency

You're not reading this correctly. Qatar is reconfiguring the 777 with 23 more seats, and YUL will be transitioned to this type in July.

No additional frequencies.

The wording makes no reference to reconfiguring, although they are, indeed, doing that. So I don't understand how you read it that way. If you look at the explanation of the asterix in the full text, it states that, for those destinations, they `are planning additional routes`. We know that they want additional routes and we know that NA airlines, including AC, believe that they represent unfair competition. So, unless you are referring to other documentation, your interpretation doesn`t stand up. My interpretation is they are going to try, once again, to get additional routes to Montreal. Perhaps they are hoping that the new government will be more open to offering broader consumer choice.

The ME3 will all try to have the bilaterals reviewed by the new government, which seems more open to the idea. Now is this a good idea? I don't know... For Montreal it is a good thing since we would see Etihad and Emirates move in pretty quickly.

Could be both a good and a bad thing as we might see airlines like Lufthansa, Swiss, Air France kill certain routes/ frequencies.