Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

Not sure if all or any have heard of this by the office Québécois de la langue française concerning the pronunciation of pk subban's name? Not sure about other people's reaction or position on such things but as a Montrealer and Quebecer all my life I'm pissed that these people make such stupid and useless remarks. I for one see that there is a certain pressure to protect the language however this is not how one succeeds in such things. In language especially making it interesting and relevant, with bilingualism, events and places to go and things to learn in French here in Québec which make people want to learn the language and use it. I go to ÉTS and I as is evident I am pas mal anglaphone but I go there because of what they offer, it doesn't phase me to attend my courses in French it is simply a bit more work. Just take schools in the Uk or the states for example, people from all over the world who do not speak English go to places like MIT or Oxford because they have reputations to be some of the best. People then learn english and that's that. From what I see and who I talk to the opinions of the language police are not those of the people of Montréal. In some case sure like everything sold should have french but this bs of pronunciation of an english guy from Toronto is insane!

Sent from my C6806 using Tapatalk

• Réponses 26
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Not sure if all or any have heard of this by the office Québécois de la langue française concerning the pronunciation of pk subban's name? Not sure about other people's reaction or position on such things but as a Montrealer and Quebecer all my life I'm pissed that these people make such stupid and useless remarks. I for one see that there is a certain pressure to protect the language however this is not how one succeeds in such things. In language especially making it interesting and relevant, with bilingualism, events and places to go and things to learn in French here in Québec which make people want to learn the language and use it. I go to ÉTS and I as is evident I am pas mal anglaphone but I go there because of what they offer, it doesn't phase me to attend my courses in French it is simply a bit more work. Just take schools in the Uk or the states for example, people from all over the world who do not speak English go to places like MIT or Oxford because they have reputations to be some of the best. People then learn english and that's that. From what I see and who I talk to the opinions of the language police are not those of the people of Montréal. In some case sure like everything sold should have french but this bs of pronunciation of an english guy from Toronto is insane!

Sent from my C6806 using Tapatalk

Ce n'est absolument pas une position de l'Office québécois de la langue française, à ce que j'ai lu? Pourrais-tu préciser cette affirmation?

À ce que j'ai lu, c'est une revendication de l'Association pour le soutien et l'usage de la langue française, un groupe qui revendique avoir «des centaines de membres». Bref, un petit regroupement de gens un peu trop intenses sur le français, comme il y en a dans toutes les sphères de l'existence. Si c'est le cas, ce n'est absolument pas une nouvelle, nous vivons dans un monde où il y a des gens, plus nombreux, réclamant des choses bien plus absurdes.

Si un organisme provincial comme L'OQLF supporte cette position, il y a effectivement de quoi débattre, D'ici là, c'est vraiment une nouvelle de chien écrasé, c'est donner de l'importance à l'opinion aléatoire d'un groupe insignifiant juste parce que ça vend et ça fait réagir, même si c'est inconséquent.

Modifié par vincethewipet
Orthographe

Comme dans les années 80s (late 80s I believe) quand il avait un exposition Michael Angelo au Musée des beaux Arts a Montréal le gros débat d’été était Michael Angelo ou Michel Ange ... what a useless conversation that was ....comme celle ci.

I hate to say this but if publications like The Gazette would avoid these click-bait articles and not give page time to small-minded individuals who are still stuck in the 60's, folks like PK Subban wouldn't be "dragged into" these ridiculous debates.

Writing an article like they did simply legitimizes otherwise-meaningless drivel.

Well i could speak for the hispanic people.

For them New-York is Nueva-York and U2 isn't pronounced You Two , but Ou Dos.

Personnaly i think, that we should as much as possible pronounce the name of the persons or location in the appropriate way a.k.a in the original language P.K.Subban is an anglophone, then we should say Piqué.

Comme un autre exemple l'EI en francais ou ISIS en anglais . En arabe on dit DAESH alors on devrait utilisé cette maniere de les définir.

Je pense qu'on devrait prononcer le nom d'un joueur dans sa langue. Ceci étant dit, en anglais ils ne se posent généralement pas tant de questions; ils anglicisent allègrement les noms francophones. Pensez à Vinny Lecavalier, Danny Brière ou Mario Lemiou. En tant que société, j'aime mieux avoir un petit groupe isolé qui se pose la question à savoir s'il faut franciser la prononciation des noms plutôt que de simplement angliciser tout ce qu'on peut sans considérations envers les joueurs et leur langue. La position plus extrême ou plus farfelue est débatue au Québec alors que plus souvent elle est simplement appliquée d'emblée dans l'Anglosphère.