Aller au contenu

BOMBARDIER C series

Messages recommendés

Well if the governement put 1.5 billions and Airbus 6, airbus will get more share. As simple as that. 

If Only the plane sold to US company are assembled in US, that could make a lot of sense in the end. This segments could solds tens of thousands plane. They are not even at 1000 and the import taxes on the c-series was killing the reputation of the plane.

Even the plane assembled in the state will benefits our economy as they will use part from our manufacturer. 

The ideal scenario would have to just continue to sell the plane ourself without problem but in the end, Bombardier was playing against major player. Boeing is a US toys and pride and they can get whatever they want and Airbus is as big and as important for the EU. And both are way bigger than bombardier.

I was a bit concerned that BBD would sell the Q400 and the regional jet to buy time, but they managed to get another investor in the c-series. In the end i think it's a good deal for everyone. Airbus will have access to the data of the c-series for their news plane, BBD will have a huge saleforces to sell the c-series, etc.

I doubt there will be another Bourget without c-series sold now. 

C'est pas la première fois que Bombardier/Canadair s'associe à Airbus. Rappelons que Canadair a déjà fabriqué des assemblages majeurs destinés aux A330/340.

https://www.flightglobal.com/FlightPDFArchive/1988/1988 - 2951.PDF

Peut-être ça va permettre à Bombardier à participer davantage aux programmes Airbus, et peut-être même éventuellement intégrer le marché des gros porteurs comme fournisseur majeur grâce à l'expertise précédente avec les A330/340.

The protectionist reflex of the Americans is rewarded here, but probably only for the short term. Yes, jobs will be created in Alabama, but all corporate decisions will be done outside of the USA. BBD loses ultimate control pf the CSeries, but the security that comes with Airbus should mean an immediate jump in sales and for all the airplanes destined for outside of the USA, there will be immense employment opportunities at Mirabel.  

It is possible that there will be additional planes built under the legal definition of CSeries, probably stretched versions. These will be in direct competition with the more outdated Boeing models, but again, when appropriate, they can be assembled in the USA. The research and development work will be done in Montreal. 

The debts to both government bodies will be easily repaid as sales increase.  

My understanding is that this is a time-limited agreement, and it will be restricted to the CSeries, including any new versions. However, the financial security that this will bring to BBD will allow them to concentrate on non-CSeries planes, including, but not restricted to small jets.  

Boeing will lose the most in this. They are almost a generation behind BBD and this frees up BBD to keep and even strengthen its technological advantage. BBD has had the technology but not the marketing. Now they have the best of all worlds; the marketing of Airbus, their own technological superiority, access to the American market and financial security,  

Yes, full control would have been ideal; but the ruthless hypocracy of Boeing made some kind of shift absolutely necessary.  I believe that this is a devastating  counter-punch by BBD.

Il y a 8 heures, Né entre les rapides a dit :

What is your valuation of these shares?  (I would not dare using the terms «market value»).

I am not seeking a «number» as a response.  In fact, my questioning is simply a way for me to hint at my view that the Quebec Government's «investment», ostensibly in the form  of acquiring shares in a CSAL Partnership,  was never truly intended to be profitable in the classic sense of the term.  The benefits, in the hope that things turned up right, would mostly accrue to the public treasury in the form of more jobs producing more taxes.

From this perspective, supporting the deal whereby Airbus SE acquires 50.01% of the shares of the CSALP does not negatively affect the prospects for capturing the above taxes; on the contrary, it enhances them,  for reasons well explained elsewhere.  

For Bombardier shareholders, I also believe this is good news.  In my view, from the moment, some time ago, when it became evident to investors that the CSeries program was in deep trouble,  this was fully discounted  (=reflected in share price).  Then, for a brief period, the Government's «investment» (described above) might have  given some hope, but, as we just saw, the Boeing-prompted actions of the U.S. government killed them.  And this time, the Quebec government was in absolutely no mood  to even consider further «assistance».  The partnership with Airbus SE  thus appears to be the only option with the potential for preserving some  economic benefits from the  huge investments made by Bombardier AND Quebec taxpayers.  

This outcome is certainly not as great as was originally hoped for, when the program (the CSeries) was launched.  But it is better than nothing.

The $6billion is the approximate cost of development for CSeries including BBD, Gov Qc, Gov. Canada and suppliers contributions.

Ce qui est bien aussi c'est que c'est accord nous rapproche de notre futur partenaire économique principale, L'union européenne. Avec l'accord de libre échange avec eux et l'Alena qui risque de prendre le bord, on fait bien d'essayer de faire plus de business avec les européens qu'avec les Américains et de s'allier ensemble pour devenir plus fort ensemble. 

• Administrateur
il y a 31 minutes, andre md a dit :

Yes!! Great news for the stock I bought at 1.10$ lol

Il y a 1 heure, mtlurb a dit :

Yes!! Great news for the stock I bought at 1.10$ lol

Yep, you got 100% on your 1 share investment. Time to prepare that retirement.

Modifié par Rocco