Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

Hello everyone,

I'm an airline employee and a big proponent of YUL and it's future development. Lately I have been using Toronto's public transit system to get to the airport.

Even though not as developed as ours, their subway, combined with the new 192 Airport Rocket, is really a winning combination, and has made me really step back and take at look at YUL and our airport access (just a bit better than terrible). From Kipling station the Airport Rocket is a 15 minute express bus from a metro directly to Terminal 1, 3 and Airport road near the hotels.

Now before you start, yes, I know Montreal has this too in our 747 bus, directly from Lionel Groulx. However, the difference lies in that the Toronto express bus is part of their transit system, and only costs 3.00$, and a transfer from anywhere else in the network is valid. Why on earth would we charge 10$ for such a service?!?! It should almost be free!

Anyway, I just wish the STM would make the 747 a regular bus line with a regular fare and transfers from the other parts of the network accepted, then we could call our airport SOMEWHAT accessible.

And don't even get me started on the fact they now have direct train access......argh

Rant Over.

However, the difference lies in that the Toronto express bus is part of their transit system, and only costs 3.00$, and a transfer from anywhere else in the network is valid.Why on earth would we charge 10$ for such a service?!?!

Are you aware that the 747 is included in the STM monthly passes, which pretty much every regular STM user has? I'm pretty sure >95% of people who pay the full 10$ are tourists, and it's still a pretty good deal because it gives them 24hr unlimited access to the buses and the metro.

And are you aware that the 747 takes you directly from downtown to the airport in barely 30 minutes? (outside rush hours, obviously).

If you want to get from downtown Toronto to Pearson using the TTC's network (subway + Rocket bus), it takes at least an hour.

If you want to save that 7$ so badly, you can still take the 211 from Lionel-Groulx to the Dorval terminus and the 204 from Dorval terminus to the airport. And guess what, even that will probably still be faster than whatever they have in Toronto. Except maybe their fancy new train that costs about 30$ per trip.

Either way... wrong section of the forum...

Are you aware that the 747 is included in the STM monthly passes, which pretty much every regular STM user has? I'm pretty sure >95% of people who pay the full 10$ are tourists, and it's still a pretty good deal because it gives them 24hr unlimited access to the buses and the metro.

Je fais partie de ton 5%. Je n'ai pas de passe STM parce que je marche pour aller travailler. Donc ça me coûte 10 $ pour la 747. Et je ne reçoit pas non plus de crédit d'impôt du fédéral sur les billets STM que j’achète car ce ne sont pas des passes mensuelles. Doublement pénalisé.

Yes, I am very well aware that the monthly pass is included for transport. So why not make a one time fare the same price as it?! I am also a regular user, but I don't use it enough for a pass.

Either way... wrong section of the forum...

Sorry about the wrong section. I figured Transports and Infrastructure would be the right place to put it. Where should it be? We should have a YUL Sub-Section for all YUL related content! Now that there's no more yulaviation.com

I don't think your 95% of users being people with transit passes statistic is accurate. If anything, thats an argument for reducing the 10$ cost, isn't it?! Increase demand... And regardless, i'm sure they would increase ridership if they decreased the cost. Don't forget, the rocket leaves every 5-9 minutes. Not like our bus every 20-30 minutes.

Whenever I take the subway to Kipling, as soon as I walk up to the bus area, there's a 192 Rocket waiting. It leaves within 3 minutes every time, if not immediately. That makes a difference for travellers. We need regular service often.

Listen, I started this thread saying it, and i'll re-iterate. I'm a HUGE supporter of YUL. I want nothing more than for it to succeed. I just see this as an area we can improve of service and decrease its cost. Until we can get a train to the airport!

Modifié par FlyboyMTL

Interesting! So I guess the consensus is most people here are very satisfied with the current 747 bus service.

I still think the charge is a bit high for a fare, but agree it's valuable to have a 24 hour day-pass with it. I would love to see more frequent service tho, perhaps make it one of the 10min max lines.

Does anyone have any idea how the ridership is on the line? Is it doing well?

Interesting! So I guess the consensus is most people here are very satisfied with the current 747 bus service.

I still think the charge is a bit high for a fare, but agree it's valuable to have a 24 hour day-pass with it. I would love to see more frequent service tho, perhaps make it one of the 10min max lines.

Does anyone have any idea how the ridership is on the line? Is it doing well?

In 2014, before Coderre decreased the frequency of the service, the ridership was 1.44 million / year

http://www.mtlurb.com/forums/showthread.php/479-A%C3%A9roport-international-Montr%C3%A9al-Trudeau-discussions-g%C3%A9n%C3%A9rales-et-actualit%C3%A9s?p=189790#post189790

I was just in the 747 this morning. I'm happy with the fare, but not with the service.

To clarify: i think $10 for a 24-hr pass or a free ride for monthly pass holders (my case) is totally fair. Forcing people to choose between a crowded bus (thanks for the cuts, Denis) and a taxi ride 3-4 times as expensive is not. This is something you would expect in Belgrade or Novosibirsk, not in a so-called major established cosmopolitan centre. Which, maybe we're not, all things considered.

• 1 année plus tard...

24HEURES

TRANSPORT URBAIN

Bientôt des autocars pour se rendre à l’aéroport

La STM va mettre en place 16 autocars dès cet automne pour assurer la liaison entre le centre-ville et l’aéroport.

PHOTO 24H, CAMILLE GAÏOR

La STM va mettre en place 16 autocars dès cet automne pour assurer la liaison entre le centre-ville et l’aéroport.

CAMILLE GAIOR

Lundi, 18 juillet 2016 06:30

MISE à JOUR Lundi, 18 juillet 2016 06:30

Alors que les plaintes contre la ligne d’autobus 747 sont en augmentation, la STM va mettre en place 16 autocars dès cet automne pour assurer la liaison entre le centre-ville et l’aéroport.

Début juin, la Société de transport de Montréal (STM) a lancé un appel d’offres pour la location de 16 autocars afin «d’assurer le service de navettes aéroportuaires entre le centre-ville de Montréal et l’aéroport Pierre-Elliott-Trudeau», peut-on lire dans le document.

Ces 16 autocars climatisés sans toilettes auront des compartiments à bagages en plus de porte-bagages intérieurs. Ils devront comporter un minimum de 43 places assises et être livrés entre le 15 et le 22 août prochain, soit juste à temps pour la rentrée.

«La STM prépare sa rentrée et se fait proactive afin d’être en mesure d’augmenter son service cet automne en publiant un appel d’offres pour louer des bus de type coach, confirme la porte-parole Isabelle-Alice Tremblay, rappelant que la présence de chantiers routiers importants dans la métropole. Ces véhicules offriront à la Société une flexibilité opérationnelle accrue pour mettre en place des mesures de mitigation temporaires.»

Sur la 747, l’achalandage estival par jour de semaine est de 5000 déplacements en moyenne.

PHOTO CAMILLE GAÏOR/24H

Sur la 747, l’achalandage estival par jour de semaine est de 5000 déplacements en moyenne.

Plaintes en hausse

Ces nouveaux véhicules seront dédiés au circuit de la 747, une ligne qui fait face à un nombre croissant de plaintes. Les 207 plaintes de 2013 se sont transformées en 222 en 2014, puis 328 en 2015, soit une augmentation de près de 60 % en deux ans. Depuis le début de l’année, la STM dit avoir reçu 160 plaintes concernant la 747, principalement en lien avec le «service livré» et les «employés».

80 départs quotidiens

Dans l’appel d’offres, la STM indique que ces véhicules «pourront être utilisés sept jours sur sept [...] à raison d’une utilisation approximative de 250 kilomètres en moyenne par jour et par autocar».

Sachant qu’un aller-retour entre la Gare d'autocars de Montréal – située au métro Berri-UQAM – et l’aéroport est d’environ une cinquantaine de kilomètres, les 16 autocars pourraient donc permettre jusqu’à 80 départs par jour. Jeudi, selon l’horaire de la STM, 121 départs de la 747 étaient prévus de la Gare d'autocars.

Il n’a pas été possible de savoir si ces autocars viendront remplacer une partie ou la totalité des autobus de la ligne 747 ou simplement s’ajouter à la flotte actuelle.

«Il est trop tôt pour répondre à cette question dans la mesure où nous sommes à élaborer les plans reliés à la planification service», a ajouté Mme Tremblay.

Chauffeurs à former

Ces nouveaux autocars seront opérés par des employés de la STM. Elle souhaite d’ailleurs former une majorité des 250 chauffeurs et 20 mécaniciens «pour le circuit cible, la ligne 747, et ses particularités», d’ici le 2 septembre prochain.

L’achalandage estival par jour de semaine est de 5000 déplacements en moyenne, la STM a d'ailleurs déjà ajouté sept voyages de plus sur la ligne 747, par rapport à l’année dernière, tant la semaine que la fin de semaine.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk