Aller au contenu

Toronto-Pearson Airport Express Train Starts Service June 6

Messages recommendés

• 1 mois plus tard...

I was on it the other day and it all depends when you use it. Going into Toronto I hit just at the same time as many of the European arrivals (between 4PM to 6PM) and it was PACKED with tourists.

I think it's more appropriate for Montreal to get an access to the airport through the normal transit system. This way the trains would be more used than for only some particular moments in the day when the planes arrive. This video about the UP system in Toronto is backing up my view on that issue. Madrid (Barajas) and Paris (Charles de Gaule) for example with higher passenger trafic than Pearson are using undirect access to downtown connecting their terminals to the normal transit grid.

Une navette dédié uniquement a l'aéroport serai un flop. Ca doit faire partie d'une offre de transport pour tout l'ouest de l'ile.

I was on it the other day and it all depends when you use it. Going into Toronto I hit just at the same time as many of the European arrivals (between 4PM to 6PM) and it was PACKED with tourists.

Une navette dédié uniquement a l'aéroport serai un flop. Ca doit faire partie d'une offre de transport pour tout l'ouest de l'ile.

Bien d'accord avec toi! Une navette dédié serait un flop monumental!

Our airport doesn't have the necessary passenger traffic anyways. In the 25 million+ passengers per year category you can start justifying an airport -> downtown link but with Trudeau's current traffic numbers, the ROI just isn't there. Heck, in the next 5 years or so, we'll likely be passed by EDMONTON (4-5% projected traffic growth versus 7-11% projected) for crying out loud.

Our airport doesn't have the necessary passenger traffic anyways. In the 25 million+ passengers per year category you can start justifying an airport -> downtown link but with Trudeau's current traffic numbers, the ROI just isn't there. Heck, in the next 5 years or so, we'll likely be passed by EDMONTON (4-5% projected traffic growth versus 7-11% projected) for crying out loud.

Pour 2015, Montréal est déjà en avance sur Calgary. Le crash pétrolier va nuire à leurs 2 gros aéroports.