Aller au contenu

Myriade - 22 étages (2018)

DENIJS

Messages recommendés

Just now, man with the golden gun said:

Montréal la capitale par excellence des murs aveugles et du prefab el cheapo.

It's so brutal! Pu capabe! I'm curious...do they use this material, to this extent,  in other big cities around the world? Or is this really a made in MTL thing?

il y a 2 minutes, _mtler_ a dit :

It's so brutal! Pu capabe! I'm curious...do they use this material, to this extent,  in other big cities around the world? Or is this really a made in MTL thing?

Je voyage régulièrement autant au Canada qu'au pays de l'oncle Sam (USA) et honnêtement le maudit préfab c'est à Montréal qu'on en voit le plus, c'est désolant. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, man with the golden gun said:

Je voyage régulièrement autant au Canada qu'au pays de l'oncle Sam (USA) et honnêtement le maudit préfab c'est à Montréal qu'on en voit le plus, c'est désolant. 

We have had this argument many a time and we have discovered that there is a reason as to why that is not simply Montreal cheapness. The reason being (I am not 100% sure who explained this but it was on this forum by someone in construction) that prefab is tremendously robust and can handle large variation in temperature and humidity that many others materials cannot. So if the idea is to build a decent building that will last a long time, rather then spend an arm and a leg to get very expensive materials or procedures to install things like glass in a way that won't deteriorate quickly(which has become a recurrent problem in places like Toronto) then you go with prefab. We aren't in a climate like the mild Vancouver or even New York where there is less fluctuation in climate or in Florida they only have to build to one extreme being heat. I despise prefab as much as everyone else but it really isn't just because we are cheap or have no care for aesthetic appeal. I think the solution is maybe just building really high end buildings where the price for exterior doesn't change things OR we could spend more money on developing really nice materials that aren't tremendously expensive that show what Montreal and Montrealers are capable of, which would be ideal.     

• Like 1