Aller au contenu

Royalmount

denpanosekai

Messages recommendés

19 hours ago, Rocco said:

Terrible location. The type of stuff that belongs to Boisbriand. Aint gonna see me there, thats fo' sure.

I just hope I wont be working in that area anymore once its built because traffic is already terrible everyday after work. But I still like the project and will go fo sure.

I do like that this part of the island is getting denser as these former light-industrial neighborhoods go residential and commercial.  There are huge residential projects planned or being built all around there - including Le Triangle - and I'd much rather have a mall like this in the center of the island of Montreal rather than Laval or the South Shore.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, internationalx said:

I do like that this part of the island is getting denser as these former light-industrial neighborhoods go residential and commercial.  There are huge residential projects planned or being built all around there - including Le Triangle - and I'd much rather have a mall like this in the center of the island of Montreal rather than Laval or the South Shore.  

How about something else that is, perhaps, not a drive-to mall ? 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mtlurb said:

Like a bixi to mall? How am I bring back my shit home?

How about not a mall then ? Sounds better to you ?

It's already a Bixi-to mall, thanks to the visionary team of Carbonleo who expect 40% of their customers to come by metro, bike or foot from de la Savane. I don't know how these people will bring their shit back home though, gotta ask them.

Il y a 2 heures, mtlurb a dit :

It not simply a shopping mall, it is an entertainemnt centre.  You go there, go see a movie, or eat at a restaurant, or do other fun stuff, the you take a BIXI back home (unless you're drunk, of course.  Then you need someont to drive a BIXI home for you).

Il y a 3 heures, mtlurb a dit :

Écoute, t'auras un sacré embarras du choix, tant du côté cocktail transport que celui du cocktail au Rmt! :D

• autopartage (Car2go, Communauto, Turo -- véhicules perso);
  • Bixi à assitance électrique avec boîte de transport de bagages -- ça s'en vient en 2019, me semble (via les boul. Marcel-Laurin, Lachapelle, pistes cyclables de Laval -- il y en a qui me font baver d'envie car mieux aménagées que 90% des pisťes montréalaises!);
  • covoiturage (AmigoExpress local, Netlift);
  • taxi, TéoTaxi ou Uber (si t'avais pris quelqueS verreS);
  • vélo perso, à assistance électrique ou non, avec espace cargo ou non;
  • puis livraison en différé si tes achats étaient trop lourds et encombrants;
  • sinon ton auto / VUS (mais comme presque chaque option, il y a des avantages et inconvénients: simplicité, confort Vs coûts annuels, congestion, faire gaffe à la boisson...)
  • Like 1

il y a une heure, internationalx a dit :

No one wants to ride a bike in the winter.

This is my 23rd winter cycling, though i cycle less than before, i use my car mainly to get out of town, and i also use transit for inner island destinations, or else i walk (sometimes in the tunes of 25-50 kms per week, year-round). And i've just turned 50.

Of course, in spite of the present steady rali yearly increases in winter cycling, we're still probably no more than about 10 000 regular winter cyclists within Mtl's central boroughs. Yet, as the REV's (Réseau vélo express) protected bike lane network will get built, you'll see cyclists riding throughout the winter in droves.

This is already the case in all large Scandinavian and some German cities, plus Strasbourg. Some of those cities have a climate that's similar to ours, or even slightly harsher.

In other words, cycling is just like the induced demand on peripheral highways: "Build it, and they'll come"! ;)

• Like 2